chapter 14: Revelation

Thank you so much for reading this story! Almost 2,500 reads and this story isn't even finished, that's just amazing! I hope you will enjoy this chapter as well. :)

♂+♂=♥

The ride toward the hospital was quiet and awkward; I could see that Kek wanted to ask something but didn't dare to speak. My arm was hurting at every movement and I couldn't help but hiss in pain time to time while I was driving. Kek was staring outside the window, stealing some glances at me time to time with teary eyes but I ignored him. I couldn't pretend everything was alright, not anymore.

After about twenty minutes of road, we finally parked in front of the hospital. We got out of the car and, after making sure it was locked, we entered into the building. I spoke to the receptionist a few minutes while Kek was standing awkwardly next to me, sniffing time to time. He was holding his bad hand which was still bleeding pretty badly. Luckily for us, we didn't have to wait too long before a doctor was ready to receive us.

We entered into a small, white room and we sat on some chairs. The doctor sat in front of us and waited for us to explain what happened. Now, I had two choices; I could tell the truth but it would probably mean that Kek would have some serious problems and will be taken away or I could lie and try to figure it out by myself even if it might be dangerous. I took a deep breath and began to speak while Kek was staring at his lap, still sniffing time to time. I could easily see he was nervous about what I was going to say. "W-We got into a fight... We were in a dark alley because it was the shorter way to go back to the apartment and suddenly a guy appeared and tried to kill us..." I said, not meeting the doctor's eyes and hoping he would believe me. I could feel the surprised stare of Kek on me which only made me more uncomfortable.

"I see... Well, it seems you were both lucky. Now, let's fix both of you." He said in a tone which meant he didn't really believe me. He got up and walked toward a table to take something. "You should go to the police station once I'm done; they may be able to help you." Even though he didn't really believe me, I was glad he didn't ask more questions. Kek opened his mouth to say something but closed it as soon as he saw that the doctor was coming back toward us to begin his work.

♂+♂=♥

We just came back to the apartment after our trip toward the hospital. It wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be. I had a swollen wrist and Kek had some stitches and had to be careful until his hand was totally healed. I was looking for something to eat when I felt someone behind me. I didn't need to turn around to know who it was.

"Why did you lie to the doctor?" He asked me in a soft voice after a few minutes of heavy silence.

I sighed and closed the fridge before turning around. "What did you want me to say? The truth?" I said in a low tone while glaring at him.

"I just don't understand... If I really did all the things you told me I did; why don't you throw me out?" He asked in a small voice before biting his lips anxiously while waiting for my answer.

"I want to understand. It won't take long before I completely figure you out." I replied, crossing my arms on my chest.

"And what then? You will just throw me out and pretend I never existed? You will turn your back on me as everyone else did? I want to understand too, you know. I want to know why I'm always the one getting hurt; I want to understand why the others can easily forget about me when I just can't forget them!" He shouted as angry tears began to fell from his eyes. He seemed desperate and I couldn't know if he was really serious or if he was playing a role.

I sighed; I didn't know what I should do. A part of me was yelling at me and saying that I should just call the police and tell them the truth because, even if I didn't want to admit it, I knew something was wrong and, deep inside me, I knew what it was. But, on the other hand, I just couldn't hate him and forget about him like that. There was something about him making me incapable of doing that. I couldn't forget about the moments we spent together; I couldn't forget the moment I found him in that dark alley or every time he was behaving like a child, always making me smile and laugh. Maybe I liked him a bit more than I first thought but I couldn't let these emotions get in the way of what I had to do.

"I think I've known that something is wrong for a while now but I always found some excuses. And, even if I hate myself for that, I just can't forget about you like that. We shared a lot of moments together but, even if I may like you more than just a friend, I just can't forget what you just did. I'm not going to throw you out even if it means risking my own life because I want to understand and, most importantly, I want to help you. You may not believe it but I forgive you because forgiving means you're able to love." I said, staring at him right in the eyes. Tears were now flooding out of his eyes and he was looking everywhere but at me.

"So if you, as you said, never lied to me; why would you forgive me if I'm a murderer? I know I wouldn't. I don't want you to say things like that because you pity me or something..." He said in a low whisper as tears were still falling on his cheeks.

"I don't, I really want to help you. And..." I trailed off, carefully thinking about my next words, trying to make sure not to upset him; I didn't want a remake of the last time. Especially when it seemed that I was the only one who could control him. "M-Maybe we could go to a special hospital and just try to speak; I'm sure they could help with this." I said as gently as possible, taking his good hand into mine to show him that I didn't want to hurt him.

I understood I said something bad when I saw the way his eyes darkened. He let go of my hand and stared at me, anger and hurt in his eyes. "Do you think I'm that stupid? Do you really think I'll go in a mental hospital with you so you can just leave me in that place?! I would prefer to die." He said in a low and broken voice as he was watching my every movement with red, puffy eyes.

I took a deep breath and took him in my arms, rubbing his back gently as I was trying to calm him down. He was trying to get out of my grip but I wasn't going to let him go even if it will just hurt my wrist even more. "Calm down, calm down... I promise we will find another decision, alright? I won't leave you but you have to calm down otherwise it won't be possible." I said as gently as possible.

Slowly, I felt him relax into my arms, hugging me strongly as if he was afraid I would disappear if he was letting me go. I could hear him sniffle time to time as I was rubbing his back. After a few minutes, he mumbled something I wish he never said. "Jack, I love you so much; don't leave me... I promise I will be a good boy..."

I closed my eyes and sighed, hating more than anything my life at this moment. I knew I had to do the right things and I also knew I would do it later tonight when he would be asleep. He might hate me for that but he needed help and I will make sure he gets it.

♂+♂=♥

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! What did you think about it? What do you think about Jack? Is he right? What would YOU have done? And what about Kek? Do you know what he may have?

... Personally I'm not that proud of this chapter... I don't know why but I feel like there's something wrong and I can't find what it is... Maybe it's just me... XD

And, a picture of Kek ~~>