Chapter 24: From Bad To Worse

Sorry for not updating this story sooner but I had some exams but, now that it's over, I'm free so I should be able to update more often!!

Also, I'm a bit sad to announce that this story is slowly coming to an end... Again more or less 3-4 chapters before the end... :(

♂+♂=♥

I was sleeping peacefully when I suddenly heard a high, girly scream full of terror. I quickly sat up, my heart beating fiercely in my chest and my eyes wide with panic and incomprehension. I got out of the bed, ignoring the fact that I was only in my underwear, and ran toward the noises.

And, to be honest, I really didn't expect to see that. But at the same time, I kind of knew that it would happen again. I quickly recognized the young woman with short, wavy black hair and blue eyes as she was our neighbor; well technically as the nearer farm was at about twenty minutes by car. She was lying on the ground, her eyes were wide, full or terror and lifeless; her skin was white as snow. Her throat was sliced open and there was a knife full of blood on the ground next to her. And Kek, well... He was sitting on her legs and was planting his nails into her stomach. It seemed that he had been doing that for a while as there was a lot of blood on the ground and a hole was beginning to form, meaning that he pierced the skin.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked my voice wavering, afraid of the scene in front of me and of his reaction.

He turned his head at the sound of my voice and it only made me more afraid. His eyes seemed almost black and his face was emotionless. Blood was everywhere on his face and some was dripping out of his mouth. I took a step back as slowly as possible and trying to make my way to the back door. He seemed to realize what I was trying to do and let go of the dead body.

I turned back and tried to reach the back door but Kek was faster than me and, in less than a few minutes, his arms were wrapped around my waist, stopping me to leave. He was stronger than he seemed to be. "Don't leave..." He whispered so low that I almost didn't hear him.

I turned around as much as I could as his arms were still around my waist and I looked at him; his eyes were still dark but not as much as before. "Why did you do that?" I asked in a small voice. I was afraid he would do something to me as I didn't know how he would react; he was unpredictable.

"She wanted to take you away from me! I couldn't let that happen! You're mine until the end." He said in a dark voice while tightening his arms around my waist.

"I-I'm sure she didn't want to do that... It was j-just..." I began to say but the look in his eyes made me stop speaking.

"You knew... You knew she was going to come... You wanted to leave with her, right?!!" He screamed while pushing me against the wall harshly.

"No! I would never leave you!" I said in a shaky voice, my hands in front of me to try to protect myself.

"You already did once... Who knows? You might want to do it again." He replied while staring at me as if I was an object or something like that.

"I promise... Please, you have to believe me... Calm down and we will hide the corps somewhere, alright?" I asked in a small voice as I was trying to keep the tears away.

This seemed to be funny as he began to laugh as if it was the best joke of the world. He calmed down after a few minutes and glared at me. "No. I can do it myself, thank you." He said while stroking my cheek gently... Almost too gently to be honest. "But you have to know that if I can't have you; nobody will." He added in a darker voice before dragging me to the basement.

He turned on the light before pushing me inside. He closed the door behind him and walked toward me with a cruel smile. "P-Please... Don't kill me..." I begged as I tried to get away from him but it was impossible as the wall was behind me.

"I won't. I can't do that... But seriously, I thought you were smarter than that.... Didn't you realize that there is something strange?" He asked a curious look into his eyes while waiting for me to answer.

I frowned, trying to understand what he meant by that but I really couldn't. "What do you mean?" I asked in a small voice. Maybe I could distract him enough to escape...

"Don't you find it strange that you were always safe? I never, ever hurt you... Not because I don't want to, because believe me a part of me would love to, but because I can't... You're stuck with me forever..." He said, whispering the last part into my ear before biting it softly.

I took this opportunity to push him roughly and ran as fast as possible toward the door. I opened it and made my way toward the bedroom. I could hear his steps behind me which only made me even more scared. He may have told me that he couldn't kill me but I didn't believe him. Why would I be different?

I closed the door behind me and quickly took my phone which was on my bed. Kek was banging on the door and I wasn't sure how long it was going to resist. With shaking hands, I called the police and prayed for everything to be okay. Luckily for me, someone answered.

"Hello, please you have to help me... Someone is trying to kill me... I'm locked in the bedroom but I don't think the door will resist... Please..." I begged and gave the address.

I sat against the wall next to the bed and prayed for everything to be okay. I tried to think about what he told me but it didn't make sense... But it wasn't really surprising as it was coming from someone crazy... I tried so hard to help him but I guess it wasn't enough... Some people aren't meant to be saved...

After about ten minutes, the banging against the door stopped which I found very strange. I didn't have a lot of time to think about it as not too long after I heard a big sound of breaking glass which made me jump ten feet in the air. I looked on the right and saw that Kek was going through the broken window. I got up and tried to unlock the door but my hands were shaking way too much.

"Game over." Kek said before laughing a little. He pushed me backwards until I was on the bed. "No need to be sad, you weren't supposed to save me... How could you save me if you can't even save yourself?" He asked, tilting his head to the side while waiting for me to answer.

"I don't understand what you mean... I'm sorry..." I whimpered. I never felt so powerless in my whole life.

"You're..." He began to say but was interrupted when the bedroom's door shattered. Kek's eyes widened in horror when he saw the policemen and tried to escape by passing through the window but the policemen were quicker than him.

In less than thirty minutes, Kek was arrested and a policeman was sitting next to me while I explained everything. After our conversation, I learnt that Kek wouldn't go in jail but he would go to a mental hospital as he was clearly instable. And I have to admit that, even if a lot of bad things happened, I got really attached to him and I believed I could save the good that was in him... I guess I was wrong...

Loving someone also means letting him go...

♂+♂=♥

A lot of things happened in that chapter! What did you think about it? Any thoughts about Kek and Jack?

I think that there will have again two chapters and an epilogue but I'm still not 100% sure how I'm going to organize everything.

Anyway, thanks a lot for reading/commenting!! xx