Chapter 11: Past

Thank you for reading the story so far!  And thank you for commenting the last chapter, I may have seen some people who found who the killer is.. 

Also, this chapter is kind of important in this story, you will understand why by reading it.

I hope you will enjoy this chapter! 

Picture of Jack ~~>

♂+♂=♥

It took me a bit more than one hour to calm Kek down. Once I was sure he was feeling better, I sent him to the bathroom so he could take a long, warm shower to relax and try to forget his rabbit. I knew I didn't have a lot of time before his return so I quickly took my laptop, opened it and silently prayed for something, anything. I never believed in ghosts and supernatural things but if we can't see anything in this video, I think I may believe it...

When the laptop was ready, I quickly clicked on the camera option and waited for the recorded videos to appear. I could hear the water in the bathroom which meant I still had some time. I clicked on the first video and saw the night before the rabbit's death. I watched it in fast motion and stopped when the video began to record something during the night.

The rabbits were sleeping peacefully and, at first, I thought nothing important or strange was happening. I was about to watch the scene in fast motion when, suddenly, I saw a movement coming from the corridor and walking toward the living room. Frowning, I waited for the strange person to walk into the living room and kill the rabbit, hoping the moon's light was strong enough so I could see who it was.

My eyes widened when I saw a familiar person walking into the living room, totally awake. This person walked toward the rabbits' cage, opened the door and took the white rabbit. Then, he bit into his stomach fiercely; making some dark red blood fell on his legs. He stared at the rabbit's head a few minutes and put his finger in the rabbit's eye, with a wide, frightening smile. Then he just ate it as if it was the most natural thing in the world before putting the dead rabbit back into his cage and closed the door. After this horrible moment, he just left the living room and went back into the corridor, probably going back to his room.

The video ended just like that and I stared at the screen with wide eyes, not wanting to believe it. How was it possible? I jumped ten feet in the air when I heard the bathroom's door and quickly closed the laptop. A few seconds later, Kek entered into the living room, giving me a suspicious look when he saw how scared I looked.

"What happened? Did you find anything? You look like you've seen a ghost..." Kek mumbled with a slight frown as he sat next to me.

I took a deep breath and looked at him. "I think I know who the killer is. I think I know who killed your rabbit, who tried to kill Benoit and all the others." I said, waiting for his reaction.

He gasped and his eyes went wide in fear and something like... Excitement? "Who is it? Please, tell me! I want to know! He will go in jail and we will be happy and together!" He said, bouncing slightly and clapping his hands like a little child. He was almost cute.

"I can't tell you right now... It's a secret, I need more proofs. But the murders began at the moment you came here and I know it has something to do with you so I'm going to ask you some pretty personal questions and you're going to answer me. And no lies, alright?" I warned, giving him a strong glare as I put my hands behind my back, trying to calm down and not show him how afraid I was.

"Alright... But once you have enough proofs you will tell me who it is, right?" He asked a small pout on his full, kissable lips. I only nodded, giving him a small smile.

"So, firstly I would like to know who Naraka is. I remember you said his name while you were at the hospital but you never spoke about him. Who is it, I want to know everything." I said in a strong voice, making sure he understood I wanted to know every single detail.

"It's my brother... We were really close when I was a little child and then he began to change... Hell, even my parents began to change toward me! One day, I went back home after a hard day at school where some guys beaten me up pretty well and I went to Naraka's room to speak to him and..." He trailed off and swallowed loudly before continuing. "I entered into his room, bloody and crying and he didn't even care he just told me to leave him... That's the day I lost my family; I suppose they learned the truth about my sexuality that day..." He finished as a lonely tear fell from his left eye down to his cheek. Usually, I would have taken him in my arms, but not today; this was too important. I needed to know everything.

"What happened after that? I mean... I know you had to work and everything but... Do you remember if some strange things happened at the same period? Or did you hear some strange conversations between your parents?" I asked gently, I wanted to take him in my arms, I wanted to tell him everything would be alright but I couldn't; not anymore.

He thought about it for a few seconds, then his eyes widened in realization. "As far as I remember, there always were strange things... For example, when I was six the cat's neighbor was killed during the night in our garden... I also remember that a lot of birds were killed every year in some strange ways but I don't think it's that important... And to answer your last question, I don't remember hearing my parents speaking about strange things... But... I don't know if it's important or not but my mother was always staring at me strangely almost as if she was afraid... But she's homophobic so it's not that of a big deal..." He whispered, trying to act as if it didn't hurt him but failed completely. He looked at me, waiting for me to say anything; he seemed hopeful but completely scared at the same time. He was really confusing but it was Kek after all so I decided to ignore it.

I bit my lips and thought about the situation a few minutes. How was I supposed to tell him the truth? Believe me, I wanted to but I was scared of his reaction... "Why don't you take a nap? I just have to call someone and I will join you right after that, alright?" I asked, giving him a stressed but gentle smile, hoping he wouldn't see how strange I was acting.

He only nodded and left the living room, he seemed confused and heartbroken by this conversation but I didn't know what to do with him, something between us broke today; he just didn't know it yet. Once I was sure I was alone, I took my phone and decided to call Thomas, my best friend, I was sure he could help me. "Hey Thomas, I don't have much time to speak but you have to help me, it's really important. Are you still friend with the person who work at the FBI? I would need some important information about Kek's past... As quickly as possible." I said, almost begging but refrained myself, not wanting to show I desperate and scared I was.

I sighed in relief when he told me that he was going to ask him right after our call. In a few days I would finally know the truth and see if I was right or not, I also had to make sure Kek didn't lie to me about his past. Now, I had to pretend everything was alright and act as usual as possible so he wouldn't get suspicious. Pissing him off would be the biggest mistake ever, especially when I didn't know why he was doing all this.

I took a deep breath and walked toward the room where Kek was waiting for me. As soon as he saw me, his eyes lit up and he gave me a cute, cheeky smile as I sat next to him. He gave me a strong hug and kissed my cheek lovingly before letting me go. I did my best to smile and took him into my arms and laid down on the bed, silently praying he would fell asleep soon as he was snuggling closer to me and put his head on my shoulder. "Thank you for everything Jack; I don't know what I would do without you." He whispered, yawning before closing his eyes. Nothing could go wrong, right?

♂+♂=♥

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

This chapter is important because you can really learn more about Kek's past even if there still is some part of mystery.  

What did you think about this chapter? What do you think about Jack? And Kek? Do you think Jack is right or not?

Thanks for reading!! :)