Chapter 18: Naraka

I couldn't watch him suffer any longer; watching him cry and scream was way too hard. He shouldn't feel that way; he should smile, laugh and just enjoy life. The more I thought about it, the more I was convinced I could help him. And that was what I was going to do, even if it meant changing my whole lifestyle. "Stop everything. I take him back!" I said in a loud, firm voice, showing how determined I was.

The psychiatrist looked at me with an eyebrow raised and a small smile on his lips. Nobody could imagine how much I wanted to hit him at this precise moment. "If that's what you want. But you will regret it. Come back tomorrow, same hour as today and he will be ready to leave." He said and I could tell that he wanted to add something else, something which would have probably been stupid, but changed his mind when he saw the way I was looking at him.

I thought about it for a minute, wanting to take him with me right now but changed my mind. Tomorrow would be great, it would let me enough time to do some researches about his brother. Then, I would still have time to do some other important things in order to have a new lifestyle, hoping this would work. This was my last hope... Our last hope... "Alright, I will come back tomorrow but you better treat him correctly or I will make sure you all end up in jail." I threatened in a low, dangerous voice while giving him a menacing glare and showing him how serious I was about this situation. He nodded a few times really quickly before stepping back and ordering the nurses to stop everything.

After making sure that Kek was back in his room, feeling relieved he didn't see I was there, I left this scary hospital as fast as possible. I didn't know how I stayed calm when the only thing I really wanted was to punch them all in the face. I entered into my car and took a deep breath; I still had so many things to do before tomorrow... I came back to the apartment, hating how empty and silent it was. I took my computer which was in the kitchen and sat on the sofa.

First of all, I really needed to search some information about his brother. If I could find him then the mystery about their parents' death may be resolved... Well, that was what I was hoping for. I went on Google and wrote 'Naraka Dermanis', hoping to find something. A few seconds later, there were some articles about the mysterious fire. I clicked on the first article, curious to learn more about it.

"Two days ago, a tragic accident happened. A house burnt in the middle of the night, killing two people and hurting the others one. The Dermanis' family has been living there for years and never had any problems with the neighborhood. Mrs and Mr Dermanis have been killed that night under strange circumstances that can't be determined because the fire totally destroyed their bodies. On the contrary, their children Naraka and Kek are still alive; injured but alive.

The first one was found in his bedroom with a leg under the fallen wardrobe, firemen came just in time to save him as the fire began to spread onto him. He will without a doubt have marks for life. Our secrete source informed us that the paramedics had to remove Naraka's injured leg due to some infections and he would keep some sequel as well as scars for life. The second one, who is also the youngest one, was found in the corridor, unconscious. He was covered in blood and seemed in bad shape. Still from the same source, Kek's condition was different. He wasn't really injured from this horrible accident but the doctors found some strange, horrible things. He suffered from malnutrition and it seemed to come from his early years. They also found some bruises and more or less old scars coming from beating as well as some signs of rape. Judging from his body, it seems that it happened when he was still a little boy.

Due to these strange conditions, some tests have been done on Naraka as well just to see if this could come from the parents or from someone he met. Only Kek has theses injuries so the risks of his parents doing this to him are really small, especially because of their reaction once they learnt their parents were dead.