chapter 10: Light

Hey! Thank you for reading this story so far! I really enjoy writing this story, it's totally different from what I usually write.

New chapter also means new picture, so here is a picture of Kek! ~~~>

♂+♂=♥

The next few days were great and nothing bad happened. Maybe the mysterious killer moved out of the town and finally left us? I really hoped so. Kek and I were really close; he was always next to me, giving me sweet smiles and giving me small kisses on the cheeks. He spent the most of the time playing with his rabbits instead of trying to find a job; I was telling him time to time that he had to find one but deep inside me, I didn't mind. I liked Kek, I liked the way he was around me even if he was way too strange and mysterious. But I was feeling guilty; I never was a player, I've always been honest with people even if it might hurt their feelings but I couldn't do that to Kek. It would break him and I didn't want that.

Sighing, I put my head into my hands; I didn't know what to do. I decided to call Thomas, my best friend, it's been a while since I saw him in person but I knew I could count on him and he may be able to give me some advises.

"Hey Thomas, it's been a while!" I exclaimed, smiling a little at the sound of his voice.

"Hey Jack. How are you? I've missed you! How is Benoit? I need to see you soon; I'll come as soon as I am on holidays, alright?" He asked and I could hear the happiness in his voice. I sighed loudly, knowing I had to tell him the whole situation. "Jack? What's wrong?" He asked in a worried tone.

And, I told him the whole story, I began to tell him how I found Kek on the streets, how jealous Benoit was, then I explained the whole situation, I spoke about the dead corpses, about the mysterious murderer and how Benoit lost his memory. I finished my speech by telling him how Benoit left the town and how I've become closer and closer to Kek. "...I don't know what to do! I still love Benoit and it hurts. And now, I feel guilty because I'm sleeping with Kek whereas it doesn't mean anything to me... It's just sex. But..." I was interrupted by the loud noise of a slamming door but didn't pay attention to it. "But... I know it means something to him, he's always nice with me, making sure I'm alright, he tries to cook me some things so I don't have to cook when I come back home after work... I... I don't know, I'm just lost..." I said, whispering the last part. I wish my life was easier.

"...Wow... Your life changed so much since the last time I saw you...About your problem, I can only think about two solutions. You can continue what you are doing and you may start liking Kek sooner or later but if you can't love him back you will really hurt him, or you tell him the truth. It's up to you." He said in a sympathetic voice.

I thanked him and hung up a few minutes later. Then, I stretched my back slowly before leaving my room and went into the living room. I frowned when I saw Kek, sitting in a corner of the room. He was staring at his lap, tears were leaking from his eyes and he was hugging the white rabbit tightly while the black one was staring at him curiously. He was murmuring some things but, sadly, I couldn't understand what he was saying.