Chapter 25: Life Goes On (part. 1)

So, firstly, I want to thanks everybody who has been reading and supporting this story; you can't imagine how much it means to me!

Also, this chapter is going to be quite different than the others, same for the next one as I will only focus on one character by chapter.

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy it! x

This chapter will be from Kek's POV

♂+♂=♥

I didn't remember much about what happened; the next thing I knew I was back in a mental hospital. True, this one seemed better than the last one but it didn't mean that I wanted nor needed to be there. Everybody had problems more or less important in their lives and I couldn't understand why mines were more important than the others. I knew that if I tried hard enough I could control my other half.

Also, I missed Jack... I loved him so much and, in my mind, I always would. But knowing that he was the one who put me in a mental hospital twice broke my heart more than anything.

As I was busy thinking about how much my life sucked; I didn't even hear the door of my 'bedroom', if I could call it like that, being opened. A small, chubby nurse entered and closed the door behind her; she walked toward me slowly as if she was making sure I wasn't going to attack her or something like that. She had long red hair in a ponytail and bright green eyes. She seemed nice but I wasn't sure I could trust her. How could I?

I scooted away on the bed until I was next to the wall and I couldn't move anymore. She sat next to me carefully, the gentle smile still on her face. "How are you feeling today?" She asked, eyeing me carefully. When she saw that I wasn't going to answer, she spoke again. "You know, you can tell me how you feel; I won't judge you. And, you should be able to leave your room for lunch and for a few hours during the afternoon! Isn't great? I bet you will love the small yard or the game room where you can paint, draw or speak. But I also have to warn you; one mistake and you won't be able to have these privileges anymore."

I only nodded, not feeling the need to speak about my feelings with a stranger who was most likely doing her job. She probably didn't even care about my life; I hated these people so much! She kept asking me questions but, at one point, I blocked her out and was in my own little world. Well, until another nurse, a man this time, entered into the room. The noise of the door made me come back into the real world.

The nurse got up and went next to the tall, middle-aged Asian guy who was now standing in the middle of the room. She looked at him and nodded slightly; the movement was so small that I almost didn't see it. The black-haired guy walked toward me before gripping my arm; I flinched and closed my eyes as soon as I felt the heat of his skin onto mine but reopened them again when I didn't feel any pain. He was gently holding my arm, mentioning me patiently to get up.

I got up, a frown on my face and still surprised about the fact that he didn't hurt me. I couldn't understand why... Wasn't mental hospitals supposed to be full of horrible people like the one I was before? We left the room and we walked into a bright, white corridor which led to a big room and, by the number of people in it and by the fact that they were eating, it seemed that it was the dining room. "Why don't you sit there" The gentle nurse said as she put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a gentle smile while showing me an empty spot with her free hand. She showed me a table where only one person was currently sitting.

I gave a slight nod and made my way toward the empty chair where I sat down. I glanced nervously at the person next to me which was in fact a girl. Her eyes were lifeless and she was looking blankly at her food. Her skin was as white as snow and, by the look of her arms; it seemed that she was there for abuse of drugs. "Here is your food. Have a good meal." The nurse said nicely while putting a plate full on food in front of me. Then, she left as fast as she came.