chapter 4: Confessions

Thanks for reading this story, I hope you will enjoy this new chapter! Don't hesitate to vote/comment it always makes me happy. :)

ANOTHER PICTURE OF KEK ~~~~>

♂+♂=♥

It's been a few days since Mr. Galego was murdered. The storm, finally, went away and the routine came back. I was leaving home early in the morning and was coming back at the end of the afternoon, waiting eagerly for my day off which was every Sundays. While I was at work, Benoit was painting and tried to sell his work which did not often succeeded despite the fact that he had a real talent. On the contrary, Kek was supposed to try to find a job, yeah, he was supposed to. He spent his days in the guest's room, with the computer I lent him. But every day, and every time, I asked him the question: 'Did you find something?' he was giving me the same answer, which was a 'no'.

I thought he didn't want to find a job, at least, not right now. I knew I should be annoyed by the fact that Kek wasn't really trying to find a job but I wasn't. I didn't really know why but Kek was bringing a sort of innocence, a kind of fresh air, and I liked that. He was like a little child, happy, curious and innocent. When we were speaking together or when I was teaching him something, he was always attentive and his eyes were shining with curiosity.

"Hey Kek, how are you?" I asked as I took off my coat and my boots after a hard day at work.

"I'm fine, I guess. I'm taking a little break right now, I'm really hungry. Sorry..." He replied, smiling shyly, trying not to look at my eyes but I could easily see the guilt in it.

"No problem. I'm going to see Benoit. And don't forget, we are speaking together tonight, alright?" I asked while I was making my way toward Benoit's office where he was painting. He nodded and gave me a stressed smile; I smiled back and opened the door.

"Hey, baby! Did you miss me?" I asked, hugging Benoit from behind and putting my head on his left shoulder. I kissed his neck gently and looked at his work.

"Hey..." He smiled and gave me a small kiss. "Can we talk, please? You know what I think about this situation..." He mumbled; his voice muffled by my T-shirt as he was hugging me tightly.

"I know what you think but you also know what I think. I don't know; try to spend more time with him. He's really nice, and he didn't have an easy life." I sighed, and I stopped stroking his hair. I couldn't understand why he didn't want to try to be nice to Kek. It's not like he was a monster or something!

♂+♂=♥

"So, did you find a job?" I asked to Kek. We were in the living room, in front of the TV while Benoit was sleeping, or at least, was pretending to sleep.

"Not yet... But I'm trying to find one... I promise..." He murmured, biting his lips with a slight frown on his face. I could easily see that something was bothering him.

"Okay, no problem. Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry for Benoit's behavior, he's acting like a spoiled brat" I said, before rolling my eyes.

"No, that's okay... It's my fault... Really..." He mumbled, not meeting my eyes anymore. "Hey... Can I...Can I ask you a question, please? Do... Do you think I'll ever find someone who loves me as much as you love Benoit?" He asked, hope and desperation in his eyes.

I stared at him in shock, I didn't expect that question. Kek saw that I was staring at him, shock all over my face, he lowered his head and stared at his hands as he was playing nervously with it. I was still looking at him when I saw that a lonely tear was falling on his cheek. He seemed heartbroken.

I took him in my arms and hugged him tightly. At this moment, he completely broke down, tears were soaking my T-shirt but I didn't care. I massaged his back gently, making small circles on it while I was whispering some nice things to him. He was mumbling some things while he was crying but I couldn't understand everything.

"Hey, stop that. You're not unattractive and you're not fat. You may have put on some weight since you're here but you're not fat; you were way too skinny anyway. And, you're cute. Believe me, you will find someone soon..." I murmured into his ear before kissing his cheek gently. He sniffled and rubbed his eyes, before giving me a small, smile, a slight blush on his cheek.

After this moment of emotions, I wished him a good night and we went into our respective room for the night. As predicted, Benoit wasn't sleeping but was glaring at me, his arms on his chest. I undressed myself until I was in my boxers and sat next to him. I tried to kiss him but he pushed me and faced the wall.

I sighed and rolled my eyes at his stupidity. "Are you really mad at me? Don't you have faith in me? I like Kek, he's really nice and, believe it or not, there's only friendship between us. Do what you want. Good night, Benoit." I told him before lying down.

"You can say what you want, I don't believe you. Since he's here, you spend a lot of time with him. Hell, everything changed since he's here! I can't do what I want since he's always in the apartment and we can't be intimate as often as before because of him! He's a fucking pain in the ass. Now, think what you want, but soon enough you will have to choose between him and me."

♂+♂=♥

I opened my eyes, woken up by a shiver. The spot next to me was cold as if Benoit left the bed, at least, two or three hours ago. Or maybe he didn't sleep next to me. From where I was, I could smell something strange... It smelled like decay and rotten meat. Frowning, I quickly dressed myself and left the room. I opened the guest's room, hoping to find Kek, but he wasn't here.

I went into the living room with a bad feeling in my stomach. I couldn't believe the scene in front of my eyes. My hands began to shake and tears were forming into my eyes. I ran toward Benoit, hoping it was just a nightmare. Benoit was in a pool of blood; his skin was as white as snow. He was in his boxers and it was easy to see where the blood was coming from. On his stomach, he had a lot of bruises, and a few, deep cuts. On his left leg, some skin was missing, cut from a knife, surely the one who was next to him. And on one of his arms, the skin was burnt. That was explaining the rotten smell.

With shaky hands, I tried to find his pulse, hoping he was still alive. I called the police and the ambulance, as quickly as I could. There was still hope, his pulse was very weak but he was alive. He had to survive. While I was waiting for the ambulance and the police to be there, I was holding Benoit's hand, crying like a baby. I never cried like that, never.

At a moment, I noticed a strange thing behind the sofa. Frowning, I took a deep breath and got up. I pushed the sofa out of the way, shivering at the sight of Kek. He was unconscious, completely naked and had a lot of bruises all over his body and a few cuts. After checking his pulse, making sure he was still alive, I ran into the bathroom and took a big towel. I carefully put it on Kek, just in time when the emergency service entered.

"Mr. Jackson, it's been a while." The policeman said sarcastically. Some people took Benoit and Kek and quickly left the apartment to take them to the hospital. After answering a few questions to the policeman who was definitively suspecting me, I was finally able to go to the hospital.

During the travel, I couldn't help but think about this situation. Who tried to kill Benoit and Kek? It couldn't be Benjamin; he was still jailed until the end of the week. Why nobody tried to kill me? Why was I the only one who was alright?

♂+♂=♥

So, I hope you liked this chapter!  Who do you think tried to kill Kek and Benoit?  What's going to happen? 

Thanks for reading.  :)