Chapter 23: "So Luke has a baby mama,"

Chapter 23:         “So Luke has a baby mama,”

Ta’s POV

                “They’re gone,” I whispered under my breath. I covered my face with my hands hoping that is all a nightmare. Jason’s unresponsive body lay on the couch across from me.  My breath quicken as I stared at him. All I could hear was Lexi’s scream as the fucking dumbass fake cop shot him down. My throat tightens remembering her broken hearted face.

                “Ta?” Henry’s broken voice asked.  I spreader my figures slightly apart so I could see him. Henry’s hair was a mess looking like he ran his hands through it a million time in frustration. He looked tried but so frustrated. My breath chocked up in my throat as I stared into his eyes.  He has a shot friend on the couch that may or may not make it and his other friend was kidnapped.

                “Henry?” I asked my voice cracking. I saw his eyes soften when I spoke.

                “What do you want to eat?” He asked. We didn’t look each other in the eyes. I kept my eyes to his crappy old brown shirt.

                “I’m not hungry,” I stated. My stomach was like a roller coaster there was no way I could keep anything down.  I saw him narrow his eyes at me.

                “You need to eat, babe.”  My eyes snapped to his when he called me babe. My heart quickens but I tried to ignore it. I didn’t want to have a conversation on if or if not I was going to eat. In a split second I felt anger consume me.   

                “Why did you save me? Why did you make me hide?” I asked him through clenched teeth, my voice rising at the end. I let my eyes meet his. Henry looked at me shocked.

                “What the fuck do you mean?” His voice was icy cold. I felt myself flinch back but I never lost eye contact.

                “Why did you make me hide? Why did you just leave Justin and Lexi to fend for themselves?” I yelled at him. I shot off the couch and gave him a nasty glare. “Why didn’t you have your best friends back?” Henry’s shocked expression slowly turned into an angry one. He looked scary mad. He stood up and walked towards me, our chests where inches apart. My breathing was uncontrollable now.

                He leaned down to my ear and growled, “What use what it do getting all of us kidnapped? We would all die.”

                “Like Jason?”

                “Jason’s not dead.”

                “He’s not going to make it,” I told him desperately.  Henry froze glaring down at me. He didn’t blink just started. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself.

                “Fine, don’t eat.” With that Henry left the building, slamming the door loudly on his way out. I flinched and sank down into my seat. This time when tears came to my eyes I let them fall.

                I have to find them and bring them back.

Henry’s POV

                The cold wind bit at my bare skin. I grabbed a cigarette from my back packed and quickly light it. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. That girl knows how to push all the right buttons. I need a shot. I made my way through the silent street to a bikers bar. Pushing the door open I didn’t take time to look at my surroundings I just made my way to the bar.