Chapter:- 8

Aazil's POV:

"Bring my night dress from my room, little one." I said to Humi who smiled at me.

"Bhai, if you keep being this good then it won't take Bhabhi time to fall for you." She said smirking at me and I shook my head at her antics.

"Go and do what I told you to." I said looking at her and she rolled her eyes.

"You are no fun." She said and I chuckled shaking my head. After I was done preparing dinner, I set the table with the help of Abaan. Humi took the food for herself and her as Ammi told her to. After dinner, I changed into comfortable dress and went to bed with my laptop. I will try not to sleep tonight or else Abaan will get to know about my nightmares. I looked beside me to find him looking at his phone with a frown on his head.

"Something serious?" I asked and he looked at me then shook his head.

"No. I'm just trying to see from where I should start the painting." He said smiling at me and I nodded my head.

"A new one?" I asked taking out some files and heard him humming.

"Hm. The one which I took in the morning. Of my Bhai and Bhabhi." He said and I looked at him to find him smirking at me.

"You have gone crazy." I said shaking my head and he chuckled.

"Do you want to see the picture?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"As if you are going to show me." I said looking at him and he chuckled.

"You are so smart, Bhai." He said patting my head and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop doing that. I feel like I'm a kid." I said turning back to my laptop and heard him chuckling.

"Feel the feeling of being a kid. You lost your childhood looking after us." He said making me turn to him to find him looking at me with a sad look.

"We ruined your childhood. The age where you should play you used to do our works. Making us ready for school and making our tiffin ready. And used to take punishments from teachers because of being late. Just because of us." He said looking at me and I smiled.

"If you give me that look then I would think that I failed. I might have not given you something that's making you sad." I said smiling at him and he rolled his eyes.

"You and I we both know that you provided us with everything. We might have lost our father but we had our father figure beside us. And a mother too later on." He said smiling at me and I smiled back at him.

"You very well know that she loves you both, right?" I asked looking at him and he nodded his head.

"Of course I know. But I want her to accept it. Why is she not letting us come closer to her? Why isn't she letting herself love us? It's confusing me." He said sighing and I nodded my head. It's a confusion to me too.

"It's a confusion which can be cleared by her only." I said looking at him and he nodded his head.

"Don't tell me you get late daily just for her call?" I asked looking at him and he chuckled.

"That's why you are the best brother, Bhai. You know everything." He said smiling widely and I chuckled.

"Everytime I say to her that she didn't call me today when she doesn't, she denies it. Like today." He said smiling at me and I smiled.

"Is she hiding something from us?" I whispered to myself while sighing.

"May be. But the reason why she acts like that with us is known to her only." He said and I nodded my head. True though.