Chapter:- 11

Aazil's POV:

"Tell me about your childhood. I have seen your pictures in the album with Ammi. I want to know about your childhood." She said smiling at me while I was looking at her with wide eyes. She has seen my pictures? Damn. I don't see them because I don't like them.

"You have seen my picture?" I asked and she smiled nodding her head.

"Yep. After seeing them I felt like you were the most responsible one amongst all." She said caressing my cheek and I smiled. 

"I have to be responsible." I said smiling at her.

"Why? You were not too big to act like one." She said shaking her head and I smiled. I think I'll have to tell her why.

"I was 12 when Abbu passed away. Ammi was so shocked to react. She couldn't composed herself. She was not ready to accept the truth. Abaan and Humi were 7 and loosing someone dear to you at an early age was not bearable for them. They were just crying. Ammi and Abbu had a love marriage so, no one from their families came to his funeral. Only Uncle, Azhaan's Father, was there. Our neighbours and Uncle did everything on the funeral. After that Uncle started handling the company which Abbu has started. Ammi was not in her senses. She was just moving. She didn't know what was happening around her. She used to sit in her room and cry or sit quietly. Abaan and Humi were too young to do anything. I was the one who was left to look after them. So, I accepted it. The reality that I'm the one who has to handle everything now." I sighed remembering the days which were so hard to live. But I'm glad that I passed them. Alhamdulillah.

"Then?" I looked at her who was looking sad as if she was the one who went through that. I'm glad she hasn't gone through that. They are very dreadful days.

"Then I started learning how to cook because no one was there to do that. Uncle knew these things because his wife has left him when Azhaan was 10. He used to teach me. He even told me that he would keep someone to cook but I denied because we have to pay the person and I didn't want Uncle to do that. He was already paying our fees. I didn't want that. After completing my 10th I started doing small jobs which was not at all enough for us but with those money I started getting whatever Abaan and Humi wanted. I didn't want them to feel that they are being neglected. If Abbu was there then their wishes might have been fulfilled in a day or so. But it was me. It used to take me month or something to save money and then get them whatever they wanted. They never complained that I take so much time to give them what they ask for. They used to wait for it. Weird." I sighed closing my eyes to stop the tear from falling. 

"May be they knew their brother will fulfill their wishes no matter what happens." I opened my eyes when I heard her and found her smiling at me making me smile.

"May be. They were smart then." I said smiling at her and she smiled.

"Of course. They are Aazil's siblings." She said caressing my cheek making me chuckling.

"They are not my real siblings." I said smiling at her and she frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"Abbu and Uncle had a friend whose wife died while giving birth to them. The doctors were about to give them in an orphanage but Ammi accepted to raise them up." I said smiling at her and she nodded her head.

"What about their father?" She asked and I smiled.

"He passed away few years ago." I said smiling at her and she sighed.

"You guys have lost so many dear ones." She said looking at me and I nodded my head.

"Especially Uncle. He lost two of his friends and then his wife left him because she was in love with someone else. I wonder how much he is holding inside." I said sighing deeply and she nodded her head.