Chapter:- 12

Aazil's POV:

I heard my phone ringing and sighed seeing the caller ID. It went to missed call when I didn't pick the call up. I took my phone and sighed when I found 100 plus missed calls. I opened the call logs and was looking at it when it again rang making me sigh. I have been sighing a lot today. I picked the call up and said.

"I'm alive."

"IF YOU ARE ALIVE THEN PICK UP THE PHONE, DAMN IT." I heard him shouting and took my phone away from my ear.

"Calm down. Do you think I would do something to myself? That's not at all me, bro." I said keeping the phone back on my ear and heard him sighing.

"Do you even know how scared everyone is at home? Aunt is just crying continuously. Bhabhi is silent from the time you have left. Abaan is trying his best to console Aunt but he is the one who ends up crying. Only Humi is clueless here but she is freaking out now because its 12 and her brother hasn't reached home yet." He said gritting his teeth but my ears were stuck on what he said about Abaan.

"Why is Abaan crying?" I asked getting up from the chair and walked towards the door.

"I don't know. I don't know anything. I haven't seen him crying but he is scaring me. You please come home right now. At least think about Aunt." He said sighing and I nodded my head pressing the button for the lift.

"Yes I'm coming. I'm on my way." I said waiting for the lift.

"And you better explain everything." He said making me smile.

"Okay. Will do that. Allah Hafiz." I said shaking my head at his concern and hung up. I walked out of my office and was walking towards my car when my phone rang. I looked at it and picked it up. 

"Thank god you picked up. At least you should have let me know that you are alright. It would have calmed Ammi down." I heard her as soon as I picked it up and smiled. 

"I'm perfectly alright, love. Don't worry. I'm on my way to home. Relax okay. Calm Ammi down. And even Abaan and Humi. I'll be home in some time. Okay, love?" I said getting inside the car and started the car.

"Are you there?" I asked starting the car and heard her humming. I sighed when I realized she is crying.

"Are you crying, love?" I asked driving out of the office gate and heard her clearing her throat.

"Crying or what? What do you take me for? I'm a very strong girl. I don't cry on small things." She said in her shaky voice making me smile. I shook my head.

"But someone's voice was shaking some time before." I said with a smile on my face and heard her sighing.

"I'll be hanging up now." I said and was about to cut the call when I heard her.

"Come home soon, please." My lips smiled hearing her. And she is saying she is not crying. I think I did a big mistake by walking out like that. I sighed remembering what happened. 

Flashback.

"I'm to be blamed, Ammi. If you want to hate someone then hate me. But please stop acting rudely with them. I have received enough of your love. Hate me, talk rudely with me, and even if you want throw me out but please love them. Please." I was looking at her who was crying looking down. I held her hand and she looked at me. I wiped her tears shaking my head and she closed her eyes.

"I want our relation to be the same like it was before, Aazil. But you know, Humi is scared of me. She doesn't talk to me until I ask her something. She doesn't even talk in front of me. And if I say something to her she just listen to it with her head down. I didn't want her to grow up like that. I wanted her to be brave. Brave enough to answer back to people who say something to her or do something to her. I want her to come to me and talk about her problems but she doesn't do that. I have also seen her crying at night but I couldn't do anything because she is scared of me. How can a mother bear it? It hurts when she look at me as if I'm going hurt her. And at the end I feel like I failed as a mother. I definitely failed as a mother." I hugged her while rubbing her back with closed eyes. Even my tears were betraying me today. I pulled her away and wiped her tears.