Chapter:- 20

Azalia's POV:

I was working in the kitchen when I heard the door bell. Who can be here? After some time I heard his voice and frowned. How come he is so early? I was about to go out when I found him coming inside.

"Come." He said holding my hand and dragged me out of the kitchen making me confuse.

"Aazil, what are you doing? I was working." I said looking at him and turned back to find Ammi and Humi standing looking at me. Ammi blinked her eyes at me making me confuse. We went inside the room and he sat down on floor holding my hand while making me sit on bed.

"Aaz-" Before I can say anything he cut me off.

"Listen to me carefully, love. I'm going to say something. Something very important." He said looking at me and I frowned. What happened?

"What happened? Has something happened in office?" I asked cupping his face and he shook his head removing my hands from his face.

"Your Mom is in hospital." My eyes widened listening to him. What? How? When? Why? I looked at him hearing him.

"Wear your Abaya. We are going to the hospital." I nodded my head and looked up to stop my tears from falling.

"And don't worry, love. She'll be fine." He said kissing on my head making me close my eyes. Hope so. I don't want to lose her. Not anymore. It was unbearable to see her drifting away from us. After some time we left for hospital and as we reached the floor I found Anfi and Izhaan sitting on the bench while tears were falling down their cheeks. I walked towards them and they looked up at me. 

"Appi." I hugged them closing my eyes while my tears made their ways on my cheeks.

"Don't worry, kids. She'll be fine. She is a strong woman." I said caressing their back with closed eyes. Ya Allah, please don't take her away from us for forever. She has been my strength to live all these years. She has done a lot for us. In fact, gone through a lot. Please give her good health, Allah. Please.

Third Person's POV:

After few days.

She walked out of the kitchen and walked towards her mother's room. She was about to go inside but stopped hearing the other side.

"Don't you have a lot of anger towards me?"

"For what?" She heard her sister's voice and looked down. 

"For making you work like bull. For never loving you. For shouting at you all the time. For not being a good mother." She heard her mother and again sighed. What more can she do other than sighing?

"Other things are fine, Mom. But I doubt about the last one." Her brows frowned hearing sister.

"About not being a good mother?" She sighed hearing Mom.

"Yes. Who said that you are not a good mother? Don't forget I don't sleep, Mom. I have seen you sitting beside Anfi whenever she was ill. When she had Measles, you used to make those which she could eat at that time. You used to be restless all night. I have seen you. Don't worry. And even I have seen you coming to our room in the middle of the night and crying for like hours." Her eyes widened listening to the other side of the story and her eyes filled up with tears. Was she too blind to notice this?

"And you are shocked that how did I notice these things?" She wiped her tears hearing her and took a deep breath. But what she heard next made her more confusion.

"Mom, what I'm going to say may bring the worst memories back but I knew from the very start that you are my mother. Your rude behaviour made me hate you in the start. But as I grew up, I got to know the real meaning of what I saw that day." Her brows frowned more hearing her sister's shaky voice. Which day is she talking about? The only question was roaming in her mind.