1. nerds don't cheat

Rosé was having breakfast alone when her father came to the dining room joining her

Rosé was having breakfast alone when her father came to the dining room joining her. She was busy eating the pancake while her eyes were on her phone. She did not realized her father sat down on the chair at the other end of the long rectangular dining table.

The early fifties man cleared his throat trying to get his daughter's attention on him.

"Find a nerd?", Rosé muttered with a scrunched face as she looked at what her friend, Jennie suggested her in the group chat.

"Nerds don't cheat, hm?", she said what Jennie wrote as the reason to the suggestion.

"I agree.", she flinched as she heard her father's voice filling the quietness in the dining room.

She looked up to him and put her phone in her clutch before asking when he came down.

"A minute ago. You're too busy with your phone to see me here.", he answered while taking a bite of his pancake on the plate served by their maid.

Rosé felt guilty with what her father said so she quickly went to his chair and gave him a hug, "Sorry, daddy. I was waiting for you to have breakfast together but you're taking a lot of time getting ready upstairs."

Her father chuckled at her words, "You're saying sorry and then, putting the blame on me back?"

Rosé smiled before she ran back to her chair, avoiding any attack from her father. He shook his head as he watched his twenty-seven years old only daughter acted like a little girl. He did not say much before Rosé asked him when they will have to go to the company.

"Driver Lee will greet us in 5 minutes. Then, we'll be off to ParkTech.", he told her as he glanced at his watch.

"Okay.", Rosé replied.

"Are you ready to meet everyone?", her father asked her.

Rosé nodded, "I can't wait to see all the employees and work with them. I just want to know, are they all nerds over there?"

Her father laughed, "What's with you and nerds, Rosie?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "My friends wished good luck on my first day meeting nerds at work."

"If you're talking about people in the technical department, yes, maybe. I don't know. I don't like calling them nerds. They're great employees of mine, Rosie.", her father told her.

"So, there are...a lot of smart people at the department?", Rosé replied while thinking of meeting new people at the new workplace which is her family's own company.

She used to work at a health care and beauty company in Australia before she decided to come back to South Korea a month ago. Her father wanted her to learn managing their company here that is totally different from her previous company. It is an emerging technology company that has created a lot of new technological products for the Asian countries.