6. the end in the past

It was only a few days left before the prom night at Seoul High be held at the school hall. Every senior year students was excited for it despite the fact that they will have final examinations a month after that. During the period of the highly anticipated event, Rosé still tried her best to not be too excited for it as she did not want it to affect her studies.

This morning she was waiting for Jungkook to help her with Calculus and Chemistry with an exchange she will help him with Art History and World History. Yes, he hated history. There were too much events and dates to remember. He preferred to memorize physics formulas and all that mathematical theorems than those unsolvable numbers in history book.

After taking a shower and getting her books ready, she went down to the kitchen to have a breakfast before Jungkook arrived

After taking a shower and getting her books ready, she went down to the kitchen to have a breakfast before Jungkook arrived. While making her mango smoothie, she played some music from her phone to fill the silence in the house. Her father went outside for his morning jog so it was only her at home at that time.

When she has prepared her smoothie and French toast, she heard a notification of new message from her phone.

'Chaeyoung, I'm sorry I can't come to your house today. I have to take care of my mom. I'll try to come tomorrow, okay? - Jungkookie'

A small pout formed on Rosé's lips after she read the content of the message she received. She was looking forward to their weekend study together that they always do since they dated eight months ago. At first, she was not liking the idea of study with him on the weekend but she grew fond of it as she found he really helped her to improve in the subjects that she was lacking at before.

'Please don't skip studying. I'll help you tomorrow. I promise. - Jungkookie'

She smiled at the latest message he sent her.

"Okay, I won't but I might start a little later.", she said as she typed it as a reply to him.

'Good. I'll give you some quizzes based on what you study today. Be prepared. - Jungkookie'

She laughed as she read his response. She finished her breakfast in a few minutes before she cleaned up the kitchen. When she walked to the living room, her father came back from his jog routine.

"Hi, daddy.", she greeted him as he closed the door.

"Hey, Rosie. You're alone?", he asked her as he knew that she always spend time with Jungkook studying together in her bedroom. No, he did not know about them dating. He did not think Jungkook was his daughter's type of man.