31. status: at work

🍪 🍯: Chae, I'm sorry I'm still in the lab

🍪 🍯: Chae, I'm sorry I'm still in the lab. I can't see you before you go back today. I'm sorry, okay?

The pout on Rosé's lips grew bigger when she read the message sent from Jungkook. Since his project was accepted two weeks ago, he has been busy working on it in the laboratory to finish it before the grand presentation event next month. Because of it too, they have not been meeting so much and only had lunch three times together this week.

"Hmm...I shouldn't have shown his file to the judges.", she said as she regretted a bit on her action to help him.

"But you said it's his dream and you're willing to do anything to help him make it a reality.", Jimin's voice made her flinched on the couch.

She looked at her left and shook her head at Jimin's sudden appearance at the lobby.

"How long have you been here, oppa?", she asked as Jimin took a seat at the couch next to her.

He smiled, "Long enough to see you pouting and holding your phone tightly like you're angry or something."

Rosé put her phone in her bag with a sad face.

"What's wrong, Roseanne? Fighting with Jungkook?", Jimin asked with a wild guess.

"No, we never fight!", she replied with slightly raised voice.

Jimin was stunned as Rosé gave him a glare.

"Then..why?", he quietly asked.

Rosé shook her head and apologized before answering, "It's just...he's been too busy with his project. He rarely leaves the lab and forgot to eat. I had to bring his lunch to him one time, oppa."

Jimin nodded to her, "He's busy even at home."

"He brought his work home?", Rosé asked, concerned about her boyfriend's well-being.

"Not that kind of busy but he's busy on his laptop. Reading all those long research papers and whatnot. I'm not going to lie, he's working too hard.", Jimin told her.

Rosé was sad to know that.

"This is my fault. I shouldn't push his project to be accepted this year.", she said.

Jimin sighed, "It's not your fault, Rosé. You know how Jungkook is. When he's committed to something, he works hard for it. You don't have to worry about him too much. At home, I'll take care of him. I'll make sure he eats and drinks on time, okay?"

His words made Rosé laughed.

"What? I'm serious here. I've been taking care of him since college.", Jimin said proudly.

"Okay, oppa. I believe you. You can keep taking care of him at home.", she replied with a smile but that smile disappeared in seconds.

"You're still moody.", Jimin observed her.