"What is this feeling?":

Konohamaru and his team 7 have been in their home leaf village for about a week now, and everything was going on just fine and as normal

But then hit family day, and Naruto found a way to convine Mitsuki to go and see his father.

Of course he said that he rather be with Boruto here instead, but Naruto insisted. So he went.

His escort there was Mirai. She left then for the day and Yamato stayed outside to keep watch.

Mitsuki got to the inside of his father's hideout, and found him in his room just waking up.

Orochimaru was surprised to see him: "Mitsuki?"

"Hi." Mitsuki said as calmly as he could without sounding nervous.

They both had a small smile across their lips.

Silence then.

"....Want some tea?" Orochimaru then eventually asked, and Mitsuki nodded briefly: "I would like that."

...

Orochimaru got into the lab with his son and had made drinks for both of them.

Suigistu was in the room with them doing some work on the computer.

Then after the drink, Orochimaru just HAD to check up on Mitsuki's body and it's functions.

"Eating well?" Orochimaru asked.

"Yes." Answered Mitsuki.

"Sleeping well?"

"Yes."

"Trainning?"

"Yes."

"Showering and brushing your teeth?"

"Yes."

"Boruto?"

"...." Mitsuki hesitated.

Orochimaru narrowed his eyes with a smile ever so slightly.

Interesting.

He asked then: "What is it?"

Mitsuki blinked; starring at the floor.

Orochimaru tilted his head: "Well?"

Mitsuki then looked up at his father: "Father?"

"Yes?"

"What is....this feeling I have with Boruto?"

"Well, isn't he your sun? You did tell me."

"But....it suddenly feels different somehow."

"Different how?" Orochimaru folded his arms.

At hearing this; out of curiosity, Suigitsu stopped in his work and wheeled around in his chair. He watched Orochimaru's and Mitsuki's interactions.

Mitsuki contuined then; looking down at his hands as he explains with complications: "Friends are of course meant to be close to each other mentally and physically. They are meant to talk and spent time together and walk home together. Also train. I get that. But I mean.....what I want to say is...."

Orochimaru just stood there intrigued with his arms still folded. He listened to Mitsuki and also waited patiently for him to speak his mind.

Kids.

"....This guy called Kaito. He kept getting close to Boruto. I would feel hot inside or iritated, and then would glare at him, push him away or threaten him." Mitsuki contuined. Then he finally looked up at his father and asked: "Is that what friends do beyond friendship? What is beyond friendship anyway?"

"Mmm.." Orochimaru hummed at first. But then he tilted his head and answered his question: "Well Mitsuki, beyond friendship is love. Now there are two types of love: Love from bloodbonds, and love from attraction bonds. Now, Boruto and you aren't by blood, so I think it is by attraction love. I think you are attracted to Boruto."

Mitsuki listened to this carefully, but he was still confused by the end of it, and then he asked; tilting his head: "Is that like a best friend, or love?"

"Love son." Orochimaru smiled.

...

And that was in Mitsuki's mind all the way back to the leaf village being escorted by Suigitsu.