"Sarada's 12th birthday party":

Today was an exciting day for Sarada, and this time around also; like most years, she got to invite her friends over

This year as everybody else seemed to be a bit too busy on missions and promised to congratulate her the next day, Sarada decided to just invite Mitsuki over, and Boruto with his family.

Her mother Sakura and Boruto's mother: Hinata, along with his little sister, Himawari helped with the cake. Mitsuki, Boruto and Naruto went off to buy presents, while Sarada concentrated on some trainning in her room as she was meant to be away from it all because it was meant to be a surprise for her.

Though she couldnt help being a little bit annoyed that Naruto had to help Boruto and Mitsuki get some presents because they had FORGOTTEN!

But that was overwritten by joy because for once ever since her 5th birthday, her father Sasuke was here!

...

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to dear Saradaaaaa. Happy birthday to yooooou!!!"

Everybody sang.

Then the cake was blown by Sarada and everybody cheered.

Sakura then asked her daughter: "So Sarada, what did you wish for?" She smiled and giggled.

Sarada looked up at her and giggles back, but then winked and said: "Well momma, that is a secret~"

"Well now, from your own mother..." Sakura chuckled.

Everybody chuckles after.

Then the feast began and sharing out the cake too began, and everybody was full half way through it but kept on eating regardless.

...

Towards the evening time, everybody calmed down with Hinata, Himawari, and Sakura all cleaning up, Sasuke taking a breather outside and Naruto passed out on the couch with the tv playing in the background.

Boruto had gotten up to go to the bathroom after telling Mitsuki to watch over his dad for him...which he did.

"Only because you say so Boruto." Mitsuki had smiled.

Of course he had.

Boruto got to the bathroom door but it opened by itself and Sarada walked out. She blinked in surprise: "Boruto?"

"Sarada."

Sarada went a little red in the cheeks then and glanced away smiling a bit.

Boruto tilted his head in wonder watching his team member get all flustered.

She eventually spoke: "Um...Boruto...?"

"Hm? Yeah, what's up Sarada?" Boruto asked.

"I just wanted to say...well...thanks... for, you know, coming to my birthday party. It means a lot to me."

She looked at Boruto and in his eyes then.

Boruto did too.

Silence.

Then: "Of course! No worries!" Boruto closed his eyes and grinned happily.

Sarada smiled warmly back as she watched Boruto.

Thank you, really.