DOUG

╔═══════════════╗
CHAPTER 1
╚═══════════════╝

»»-----  -----««

"Why is your face like that?" I ask Will. His face looked like he ate a lemon for joy, wouldn't pass it by him. Will is an asshole when he wants to and most of the time he is.

He looks over at me glaring intensely. "Not the the time Alicia" he snaps.

I look at him with wide eyes and put my hands up in defeat. "Who pissed in your drink?" I retort annoyed.

My grandmother storms out of her office. She's the inquisitor of Idris for now. She's been training Will and I since we were babies.

My Dad died when I was very young and left me with my grandmother. My mother was unknown to me since she kinda just popped me out and booked it. Will's parents were more normal shadowhunters.

But it was later determined that they were both in the circle. Which later investigated it was a suicide and homicide.

The uprising took a toll on the Herondale Family. It wasn't something that was a secret. My grandmother, had both Wills Parents buried in a cemetery dedicated to those who betrayed. With that cold hearted attitude toward her own daughter. It's could be quite easy to explain why We didn't have many connections or people that liked us.

It had always been the three of us for the last 18 years. And for the last 18 years, I made the ultimate sacrifice in becoming the disappointment of the family.

It was a job that took both skill and potential, lucky me I had both. It was actually kind fun, I mean my grandmother only ever expects the bare minimum from me. That's pretty sick if you ask me.

"What did they say?" Will asks my grandmother while cutting my own thoughts off. My grandma scoffs and looks at Will. "They think that Jace Wayland is a Herondale." She says in a distasteful tone.

"A Herondale is composed and proper" she continues. "He's reckless, a criminal and does not abide to the law"

As much as I want to cut in and ask questions I decide against it. "Are you heading to New York then?" I ask.

My grandmother looks at me. "I'll be there this afternoon. I'll keep you both updated on this situation. Will you're in charge of the institute until I return. Alicia please follow Wills instructions and continue finishing the reports on the interrogations." She finishes and rushes off towards the portal room.

"I'm in charge" Will teases while smirking. I roll my eyes. "Aren't you always? I'm gonna go finish up"

Before I leave Will catches my arms. "Wait, do you actually think he's related to us?" He asks.

I shrug. "Not really sure but it's gonna be weird adding an extra chair at the dinner table" I reply.

"If he is you know... he'd be my Brother" Will says frowning. I look at his expression. "Yeah, I guess he would be" I say. I place my hand on his shoulder making him look up. "It's okay Will."

"It's always been the two of us. I...just don't think I'd see him like a sibling more like a pest." he says conflicted. "Plus, he never listens to orders...remember those missions he went on for the Fairchild girl?"

"Maybe he was pussy whipped?" I comment. Will glares at me. "I'm kidding geez. Listen if all comes to worse, I'll probably fuck some shit up because im prone to and uh grandma will forget about Jace"

"Ally your track record is clean compared to his." He says scoffing. "I'll be upstairs I need those reports ASAP. I'll need to approve a mission based on them"

"I'll email them to you once I complete them" I reply smiling slightly. "Bye Will!" I say making my way out the door and shutting it closed.

I walk toward my desk and find my daggers along with my arrange of knifes. I sent them to the iron sister since one of my experiments might've caused the blade to turn demons bright purple.

I look down at the daggers and place them on my rack. I sit down on the nice chair I bought from a mundie store. It had wheels on it and it spins. My grandmother said I was crazy for buying it but that's because she's already half dead.

Turning on my monitor and other crap I begin to send off emails back and forth. I email Will the reports and finish up everything.

I hear Wills footsteps coming toward my desk and I spin my chair around meeting his gaze. "Welcome to my La.."

"Shut it" he says quickly. "Grab your weapons now" he says in a serious tone.

"What happened?" Ask getting in a serious tone as well.

"New York institute has been attacked" he says while heading toward the weapon rack. "We need to go now, Mikey is opening the portal"

I realize my grandma was there. I love my grandma but I'm pretty sure she's too old to fight anymore.

I nod my head and grab my daggers along with my Combat belt that I use to put them on.

I slip on a pair of gloves and sprint toward the portal room. I notice Will is right beside me. He grabs my hand and we make out way toward the portal.

»»-----  -----««