PARALE

╔═══════════════╗
CHAPTER 7
╚═══════════════╝

»»————-  ————-««

After getting my wounds treated by Dr.Lightwood. It was time to face my grandmother wrath. The only thing I was looking foward to at this point was a cozy bed and maybe a hot pocket for a snack.

After changing into some better clothes I made my way toward the meeting room where my grandmother was. Will was already there looking disappointed something that was rare.

I take my seat right night to him. Soon Jace files in and looks at both of us. Jace gracefully makes his way next to me.

"Now that we're all here. I'd like to discuss recent events. As always, a chance to explain will be permitted" she says sternly. I look toward Will and Jace. I guess I'm taking one for the team.

"We didn't profile the number of men inside the building. As a result, we we're overwhelmed." I respond to her question.

"Will as I recall you made these calls" my grandmother says. I quickly interrupted. "It was me actually. I convinced Will"

Wills head snaps in my direction slightly confused. My grandmother raises her brow at me. "You made these calls? Why?"

"I believed the building to hold enough people for us to take down. I was incorrect" I reply smoothly. "Im prepared to be held accountable for this."

"Very well" she says finalizing her meeting.

"William, you will be training. Specifically, term 4 of shadow academy. Jace although not involved in this, you'll need to prepare with William on a couple low level mission" she finalizes on their punishments.

She looks over at me and purses her lips. "Alicia, is there anything you'd like to tell me before I finalize?"

"No grandma" I say while waiting for the array of hell that will be bestowed upon me.

"Well, seeing as you want to cover for William." She says my eyes widen as she brings a video out on an iPad. I see myself fighting on the ship.

"You'll be assigned head until further notice. And yes, that means you'll be handing orders down" she says while standing up and smiling with an evil smirk.

"Carry out your duties" she says and leaves like the evil witch.

"Does that usually happen?" Jace asks confused at the news. Will looks in between shock and in horror.

"Usually I take the shit and Will just gets praised" I say still shocked. "I have no idea what just happened"

"You better start having an idea because you're running this place" jace says smugly.

"Will? Oh my god I think he's in shock." I say poking his shoulder. He hasn't moved an inch.

"You're head?" He asks in a wavering voice. To be fair, he had been leader his whole life.

"Yes?" I ask in question. He abruptly stands up and leaves.

"He'll get over it." I say smiling awkwardly and standing up. I leave the room and once I step outside I notice Alec leaning in the hallway.

"We need these papers signed. Will looks to be a bit busy" he says handing me the files and I look toward Will who's pacing.

"Thanks I'll get..I'll sign them" I say taking a pen out and quickly marking my signature next to his. "These aren't marriage papers right?"

"No?" Alec says in a suspicious voice and shits the folder. "But in case they're, what life insurance do you have?"

I narrow my eyes on him. I wrap my arm around around his arm. "Lead the way to your office. I have big boss shit to do"

Alec rolls my eyes and pull me toward the office. Once inside he gives me a bunch of work that makes my head hurt instantly.

"Oh god" I say looking at the pile. "I'll get this done, yeah?"

"You have today and part of tomorrow" he says looking at the reports. "There's also a couple briefings in addition to mandatory training"

"If you're tired, I can do some of the work. Just knock on my door " he suggests as he makes his way out the door.

I sigh, All I wanted was my ducking bed and now I'm stuck with Wills Job. At least I hope Jace is somewhat dealing with his bro.

Will was probably going into a mental crisis by now and Jace was unfortunate enough to witness it for the first time since part of this family.

I notice the mission report for those people Alec and I busted selling narcotics is on my desk. I recall our fake little date. Alec was really sweet, Though he definitely doesn't like me.

It wasn't really surprising to me that he wouldn't like me. I can come off as strong sometimes. Not to mention he tells me to knock it off every chance he gets.

But it's also confusing because he occasionally replies back to inquire and flirts a tad.

As I'm filling out paper work. I realize how I appreciated Will for taking this job on. Yes, it might've been his only purpose but this wasn't mine.

»»————-  ————-««