LIVE LOVE DIE

╔═══════════════╗
CHAPTER 14
╚═══════════════╝

»»————-  ————-««

"Why the hell are you even sad anyway?" Will asks. He's packing his shit to go back to idris.

"I don't know? Actually I do know, I just got a taste of normality here in New York and I'm going back to idris where it's all fight people, do this and that, get married, pop a kid out" I tell Will as I flip back down on the bed.

"It kinda sucks" I say in a sad tone. Will looks at me like I've grown three heads. "We've always been this, we're meant to be here" he says.

"We were born to become fighters, it's in our blood" he continues. The words engrave in my head and I frown.

"Yeah, I guess" I say unsure. "I- uh think that maybe idk" I say trailing off confused. Will brings me out of my mess by putting an arm on my shoulder.

"If there's any part of you, that you think doesn't belong, it's does Alice" Will says while placing his hand on my shoulder. "There's no one out there more capable than you are"

"Whatever Will, I need to go change the channel for the goldfish or something" I say getting out of his arms.

»»————-  ————-««

I find myself waltzing into Alec's room. He's writing something down on his desk, I ignore him and flop onto his bed.

I sigh and look over at him. He doesn't turn around or speak. I sigh again in a more exasperated tone.

"What do you want?" He asks not diverting his attention from the paper.

"Clearly, you've never been with a women." I huff out trying to pick a small fight with him.

"Not completely" he notes still entertained with whatever he's doing on the stupid paper.

I frown before blurting out "Pay attention to me damit"

This catches his attention and he finally looks over at me. "Yes? What could you possibly want Alicia?"

"No, no. You ignored me, you're gonna have to push a little harder than that" I reply being petty.

He stands up from his seat and makes his way over to the bed. "I thank you for gracing me with your presence, what can I do for you, my tiny friend?"

"Better, but in 5'7 so Fuck off. Secondly, don't friend zone me" I say smacking his shoulder. "I came here because Will has been obnoxious all morning. Thought maybe we could get coffee or something"

"I'm finishing up some paperwork, but tell you what we'll go after" he suggests with a grin.

I nod my head in agreement. "Sounds good to me. You're paying for calling me tiny and your friend"

"You're my Friend" he say provoking me.

"No! I refuse" I comment. "We're more than that and I'll prove it to you one day"

"Mhm sure, now stay quiet for 10 minutes while I finish" he says patting my head and walking again to his desk. I Can hear the pen moving across the paper.

my phone buzzes in my pocket and I retrieve it. Jace messaged me asking about the family crest. He has to be with grandma.

I smile at the text and reply, "it's all in one book in the library ;)"

Alec finally stands up from his seat and walks over to his closet. "Everything okay?" I ask while scrolling on my phone.

"Yeah, I think Lydia is back" he says frowning. I look up from my phone and meet his gaze.

"Why would she be here?" I ask confused. He heads toward the door, the minute it opens I hear the commotion outside.

"What the hell are you doing?" I hear Isabelle scream angrily from the main floor. Before me stood a seelie that was detained.

"What's going on?" Alec asks the lovely stuck up blondie. Lydia was a little older than me, I hate to admit it but I admired her when I was young. She was always doing everything right and I was doing everything wrong.

Even now, she was doing much better than I ever have. "He's being arrested for conspiracy against the clave." She declares.

A bunch of arguing erupts from her statement. I intervine "alright, shut it all of you" I demand.

"Take him to a nice interrogation room and we'll see what steps we need to take" I instruct the guards.

Lydia looks over at me quickly recognizing me. "I had it covered Herondale. You don't need to intervine in foreign affai.."

"Shut the fuck up Branwell. Your mom's left tit was more covered than whatever you had going on just now." I say annoyed. "Matters have been temporarily solved. Unfortunately for you Branwell, inquisitor recently appointed my buddy over here"

I point to Alec who's still arguing with Isabelle who's clearly a little dissatisfied.

"Glad you never change" she says clearly biting back on a couple colorful words. She's spins on her heel and walks toward the door.

I turn around and take a step into the lightwood siblings situation. Isabelle gives me one hard look and walks away living Alec and I standing there.

"Well that's a way to start a morning" I say thoughtfully.

Alec glances over at me, "Coffee?"

»»————-  ————-««