NAUR

As the clock struck 2 am, Alice found herself alone in her room at the Idris residence. The sound of her grandmother's scolding echoed through the hallway as she reprimanded Alice for her late-night snacking habits. The familiar banter was a comfort, a routine they had shared countless times before. But little did they know, this would be the last time they would exchange such words.

Unbeknownst to Alice and her grandmother, danger lurked just beyond their doors. A group of powerful and cunning demons had infiltrated the residence, their presence masked by a clever illusion. It was a trap, carefully orchestrated to catch them off guard.

Alice had earlier informed her grandma of the information she'd found about the demons.

As Alice finished her snack and her grandmother turned to leave, the room suddenly plunged into darkness. The air crackled with an eerie energy, and Alice's instincts told her something was terribly wrong.

"Grandma?" Alice called out, her voice filled with concern. But there was no response. Panic rose within her, and she reached for her seraph blade, her fingers closing around the hilt.

With a burst of determination, Alice pushed open the door and stepped into the hallway, her senses on high alert. The scene that greeted her was one of chaos and destruction. Demons, their grotesque forms illuminated by the pale moonlight, prowled through the corridors, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake.

Alice's training kicked in, her years of Shadowhunter discipline taking over. She darted from shadow to shadow, her seraph blade at the ready, desperately searching for any sign of her grandmother. But the demons seemed to multiply, their numbers overwhelming.

Her heart pounded in her chest as she fought with all her might, her skill and agility put to the test. But every strike, every parry seemed futile. The demons were relentless, their strength and ferocity unmatched. Alice was losing ground, her defenses faltering.

Just as she felt her hope wane, a voice rang out in the darkness. "Alice!"

It was William, He had arrived just in the nick of time, his own seraph blade gleaming in the moonlight. Together, they fought back to back, their movements synchronized as they battled the onslaught of demons.

But it was a losing battle. The demons outnumbered them, and their relentless assault wore down Alice's defenses. As she fought with all her might, a sudden searing pain shot through her side. A demon's claw had found its mark.

Alice stumbled backward, gasping in pain. William, his face etched with determination, lunged forward, striking down the demon that had wounded her. But it was too late. The damage had been done.

Alice's vision blurred, her strength waning. She collapsed to the ground, her seraph blade slipping from her grasp. In her last moments of consciousness, she felt William's strong arms lift her gently, cradling her close.

With tears streaming down her face, Alice turned to her grandmother, who lay injured nearby. The older woman smiled weakly, her voice barely a whisper.

"I'm proud of both of you," she murmured, her voice filled with love and pride. "Remember, Our Legacy forged in the crucible of passion"

Alice's heart shattered as she understood her grandmother's meaning. It was the family motto, the reminder to always stand united, to protect one another.

Her grandmother's words carried a weight she had never experienced before, and they struck deep within her soul. In that moment, grief overwhelmed her, tears streaming down her face as she clung to her grandmother's hand.

The battle continued around them, but Alice's focus was solely on her grandmother's fading presence and, her grandmother's eyes closed.

—————

As Will rushed through the gates of the Institute in Alicante, carrying Alice and her gravely injured grandmother in his arms, panic filled the air. The news of the attack had spread quickly, and Shadowhunters gathered around, their faces etched with concern and determination.

A team of healers and Silent Brothers immediately rushed forward, whisking Alice's grandmother away to the Institute's hospital wing. Will's grip tightened on Alice as they followed closely behind, desperate for any signs of hope.

In the hospital wing, the atmosphere was tense, the air heavy with the scent of healing herbs and the low hum of healing runes. Alice was guided to a nearby bed, where healers worked swiftly to tend to her injuries. Their skilled hands traced runes over her wounds, mending them and alleviating her pain.

As Alice lay there, her body aching but her mind consumed with worry for her grandmother, she couldn't help but feel a sense of frustration and guilt. If only they had been stronger, if only they had arrived sooner. She clenched her fists, her knuckles turning white.

Time seemed to blur as minutes stretched into hours. Alice's injuries were healed, and she sat up, her eyes scanning the room, searching for any sign of her grandmother's condition. She spotted Will standing in a corner, his gaze fixed on a closed door, his face etched with a mixture of grief and anxiety.

With shaky steps, Alice made her way towards him. Their eyes met, and Will opened his arms, pulling her into a tight embrace. Their bodies trembled with a shared sorrow, and tears mingled, wetting their cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, Will," Alice whispered, her voice filled with anguish. "I couldn't protect her. I couldn't save her."

Will held her tighter, his voice choked with emotion. "It's not your fault, Alice. We did everything we could. She was a warrior, a strong woman. She fought until the end."

Alice clung to him, finding solace in his words and his presence. They stayed that way, wrapped in each other's arms, finding strength in their shared grief.

Finally, the door creaked open, and a weary-looking healer emerged. Alice's heart raced as she rushed forward, her voice trembling. "How is she? Is she going to be okay?"

The healer's expression fell, and he shook his head solemnly. "I'm sorry. We did everything we could, but her injuries were too severe. She didn't make it."

Alice felt as if the ground had been ripped from beneath her feet. She stumbled backward, her legs giving way, and Will caught her, holding her close as she crumbled in his arms.

Tears streamed down Alice's face, her sobs escaping her in choked gasps. She had lost her grandmother, her mentor, the one person who had always been there for her. The weight of her absence was unbearable.

Will held her, his own tears mingling with hers. They grieved together, finding solace in each other's arms, their hearts shattered but determined to honor the memory of the woman they had lost.

In that moment, they knew that they would have to find the strength to carry on, to fight for justice and to protect the world they held dear. The loss of Alice's grandmother had fueled a fire within them, a fire that would burn brighter, driving them to seek out the truth behind the attack and to ensure that no more lives were lost in vain.

As they clung to each other, the echoes of her grandmother's words resonated in Alice's mind. "Legacy forged in the crucible of passion." It was a reminder to stand united, to fight for what was right.