180

╔═══════════════╗
CHAPTER 15
╚═══════════════╝

»»————-  ————-««

"Seriously? Why is everything hitting the fan?" I ask tiredly. "Now we have to deal with this shit"

"What? Don't like a little shadowhuntering?" Alec attempts to crack a joke.

"I thought this was gonna be like stabbing a vampire on the dick and calling it a day ya know?" I say smiling. His eyes widen slightly. "A little more than you bargained for then?"

"How I wish there was more" I say thoughtfully.

"I'm not even gonna ask" he says shaking his head.

"So you're heading back to idris" Alec asks while looking down at his coffee cup.

"I guess so, Will's leaving today actually. I'll leave tomorrow" I casually mention. "You'll finally have some peace and quiet"

I take a sip of my coffee cup slightly proud of my joke. I look over at Alec and he's deep in thought. "You okay?" I ask. He snaps out of his reverie and makes eye contact with me. He nods his head briefly, "yeah sorry, it's been busy lately"

"Ah gotcha" I say understanding his situation. Alec was acting slightly quiet afterwards. I was a little taken back by his reaction since this man lets  no one distract him. Jace had texted me letting me know he was staying at the institute.

Then it hit me like a bag of bricks, Alec was probably thinking jace was coming along with. He was missing his parabati, how cute.

"Jace is going to stay back ya know?" I comment. "Man has no regards for the rules or for his hairline"

Alec raising an eyebrow at the hairline comment. I roll my eyes, "he uses a shit ton of gel, can't be good."

"You're so annoying" Alec says while taking a sip of coffee.

"I hope that coffee taste like absolute shit or gives you the worst shit of your life" I grumble with a sour expression.

"We're finally going to have some peace and quiet in the institute" Alec retorts. "Maybe I'll take care of the mess in the office"

"Yeah okay, you're gonna miss me. I am a joy to be around" I say smirking. "Some would even call my presence enthralling"

Alec doesn't comment on it and decided to lean back on his chair. "I read up on your file. You went to Merida, how'd you do it?"

Merida, another one of the claves ideas. It's like the Harvard of Shadowhunters. Except it's on a remote island where you cut communication with the outside world and basically eat live breath shadowhunter.

"I did the untraditional route" I answer his question hesitant. "Went to regular training in Idris and then at 15 applied to Merida."

"My grandma thought I was batshit crazy, since Will got in at 12 years old. Of course for that you can visit family, intense shit begins in upper division levels." I begin to explain.

"You tested into their levels. Will got accepted at 12?" He asks confused.

"Yeah, they select a handful of people. Will is an incredible fighter & leader, so grandma had him apply. He was of course accepted." I say proudly.

"Why didn't you uh apply at 12?" He further asks.

"Well, I've never had a real focus on what I want." I say thoughtfully.

He looks a little confused by my response. I look down at my coffee slightly dissatisfied. "And I guess my grandmother thought I wasn't good enough"

"For what's it's worth, I think you're pretty great" Alec confesses after a silence loomed over the conversation.

I smile slightly and look up. "Means a lot coming from you"

"I did win that fight, don't get to cocky" Alec retorts.

I roll my eyes "See I let you win. Studies show men prefer to be dominant in relationships especially those with women. If that's challenged they tend to go away"

"You did not let me win" Alec states looking at me with wide eyes.

"It wasn't a fight, it was flirting" I say taking a sip of my drink. "I promise you, if you fought me I'd win"

"We'll see" he says unconvinced.

"I would have your ass on the mat in 3 minutes max" I say in all seriousness.

"I find it hard to believe" he confesses. "I have fought and perfected my skills"

"I suppose. But, I'd still have your ass" I say smirking. "One way or another I suppose"

Alec makes a confused expression and then realizes the meaning of my words. "Either way, I'll dominate" he says smirking.

"I'm not easy to tame." I reply smiling. "Not even my good old grandmother has"

"I could take you. How old are you?" He asks while raising an eyebrow.

"I'm 20" I reply glaring at him. He might have experience on me.

"Thats what? 2 years of experience over you? I'm definitely winning" he declares.

"You're lame." I say not finding another comeback.

"Of course I am" he says proudly.

"I'm gonna miss these conversations with you" I say genuinely. "Can't believe we'll be long distance."

"Mhm" Alec hums. "We've got this"

"Praying for us for real" I say while biting my lip nervously. "I don't even know when I'll see you again"

"Soon, we'll reunite. We're bound to" Alec says reassuringly. He looks like he's contemplating something.

"It was nice meeting you, I hope we can one day comeback for coffee" he says holding my hand gently.

I smile back and squeeze his hand. "I would love nothing more"

»»————-  ————-««