PITY

╔═══════════════╗
CHAPTER 13
╚═══════════════╝

»»————-  ————-««

"Wanna talk about it?" Alec asks while sitting on the couch.

"look at that, you have a stain on your pretty shirt" I exclaim avoiding the subject.

"You should talk about it." Alec says deflecting my distraction. I walk over to him and point at the stain.

"Is this lipstick? Are you cheating on me?" I demand from him while tapping the stain aggressively.

He grabs my hand and pulls me forward. "Why we're you upset?"

"I was not. I was simply, sweating tears?" I ask questioning myself in the process. My eyes land on his hard expression andd I huff in defeat.

"Will was right, you are taming me" I say with a pout. Alec raises an eyebrow still holding onto my hands as I stand between his legs while his sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Will brought up an incident that involved an old boyfriend? Of mine I guess" I say casting my eyes down.

"I made a rash decision during a mission and the outcome wasn't great for...him" I confess to Alec.

"After the mission he broke it off with me and basically I thought the world ended for a bit" I say casually shrugging it off.

Alec stays silent for a bit processing the words that just came out of my mind. Alec notices my hurt expression and tries cracks a joke. "World can't end forever can it? That'd suck"

I smile slightly at his comment. "No it can't."

"Was it that whimpy Cartwright dude?" Alec blurts out. My eyes widen at his question.

"Yes?" I ask in question. "He's not exactly whimpy."

Alec's face turns into one of confusion. "He's the brunette with the brown eyes he like to fight with blades?"

"With the weird swoop?" I ask raising and eyebrow. Alec nods in agreement. "Yeah, I went to the idris institute once and We trained. I left his ass on the mat in 10"

"10 minutes?" I asked shocked.

"Seconds" Alec corrects.

"See in my brain he was a decent fighter." I say defensively. Alec heard this and his hands shift to waist. I place my legs on either side of him so I'm literally straddling him.

He doesn't seem to mind our proximity. "Good to know, I'll have you in less than 5"

"Less than 5? At least 7 minutes tops" I say challenging.

He shoots me a little smirk. "You'll be passing out at 7 minutes"

"That's disgusting" we both hear from the door. I turn my head around and see jace standing there. "There's things you can't unsee and hear. That's one of 'em."

Alec shifts me so I'm now sitting on his lap facing foward toward jace. He stands up and I unwilling follow. I feel his chest on my back as he moves toward the door.

"What do you need jace?" Alec asks while crossing his arms.

Jace looks between us, "I need The head to approve of a mission."

"What's the mission?" Alec asks before I can respond to the question.

"It's a blood trafficking incident." Jace replies.

"I'll handle it." I comment standing up from the couch. Jace looks at the both of us, "I got it, you two seem... busy." He says while Turning the other way and leaving.

Alec turns back around from the door to face me. "We weren't busy, Right?"

"If you're implying sex, definitely not" I say bluntly. I walk toward him making my way to the door.

"Thanks for the talk, it was awful." I express.

"It's healthy" he backfires quickly. "You should do it more often."

"Mhm, yeah probably. But I won't out of spite" I say smirking toward him as I turn around while walking away.

I hear footsteps soon follow behind me. I walk into the main hall where everyone is working.

Before I can make it through the people. I hear the most horrific voice ever.

"Alice! What are you doing?" I hear behind be. My eyes widen stopping in my step quickly. Alec bumps into me behind me and holds onto my shoulders.

I turn around quickly and see my grandmother making her way toward us rather quickly with her step. On cue, Will makes his appearance as well.

"Grandmother, it's great to see you!" Will says enthusiastically.

"Inquisitor, thank you for visiting" Alec acknowledges her.

My grandmother nods her head and looks at the three of us. "Alice you've been running this institute for a while now."

"Yeah-" I say as I'm cut off by Will digging his elbow into my ribs.

"I mean- I've enjoyed it?" I ask in question. To be completely honest I was getting the life sucked out of me.

"You've definitely proved yourself" she says. My eyes widen in shock. "I'm placing you in the clave board, you'll be a good edition. Will, you will take over again, permanently this time."

"By clave board you mean the committee that make the big girl decisions?" I ask very intimidated.

"Yes, Alice. That very one." My grandmother says slightly amused. "I've seen you make very well calculated decisions here. I am very pleased."

"Oh, well Alec and I both ran this place so I'd like him to receive credit" I state confidently.

"Lightwood, I suppose you'll be appointed head here in New York" my grandmother says.

"As nice as you know clave shit is.." I say to my grandmother my voice came ver sarcastic. She gives me a pointed look at my language.

"I really am not capable of handling that and frankly I don't really want to" I confess.

"Alice, think about what you're saying" Will warns in a tense tone.

"It's been really hard for me these past couple weeks and my mental health has begun to decline" I tell my grandmother truthfully.

"That isn't an excuse Alice. If your dad brush it off and think of something else" she suggests. "I've assigned you your orders, do them"

»»————-  ————-««

Just gonna leave this here and pretend like I didn't vanish for a fuck ton of time.

Anyways, I swear I'm trying y'all.