ESCAPE

╔═══════════════╗
CHAPTER 6
╚═══════════════╝

»»————-  ————-««

"Angels, I hate you" I say to Will. He's convinced me to come back for him. I look around for any weapons I
Can use.

I look down at my wrist in shock. They didn't remove my prototypes that I'd been working on.

"Will, I'm gonna get us out of here okay?" I say determined. deciding i was gonna take him with me. I take the cuffs off and stand him up. I sneak out of the room carefully and look around my surroundings.

I noticed all chemicals and crap laying around. I grab Wills hand and walk over to the door that's locked.

"Shit" I curse. I hear large footsteps behind us. I turn around putting Will behind me.

"Going somewhere?" He asks in a taunting voice.

"Yeah mind?" I motion toward the door. He launched himself at me before I could come up with anything better.

I hit his stomach and lurch him foward onto the table creating a bunch of glass to shatter. "Fucking bitch!" I yell kicking his head back making him land on the ground.

An arm wraps behind me and I instinctively turn around and shock him using the hidden shockers on my hand. "I call these puppies, the diffib"

More begin to file in as I take down every single one. Finally, I had the chance to grab the key from one of their pockets. Will and I run together outside the crispy Morning air hitting our faces. I notice we're on a huge ship.

"Okay, so south is land so let's jump" I say to Will as I step over the rails. He joins me and grabs my hand. "I know we've, been through shit and we're family but i never said this because we never do in our family but I love you Alicia. You're the best person I've ever met"

"I haven't died yet for you to write my eulogy dumbass" I say looking down at the water. "But, if it makes us feel better. I love you too man"

"Alright, let's do this okay?" I say looking down and jumping while dragging Will with me. We both hit the water and I swim up making sure Will is behind me.

Both of us swim toward the boardwalk and sprint toward the city. "Holy shit were alive!" Will says out of breath while excitement laces his tone.

"I can't believe you thought we wouldn't make it" I scoff partially out of breath from the spring and swim.

»»————-  ————-««

Once we made it to the safety of the city and shopped for clothed that we might've take. We we're finally heading back to the institute.

Once we made it to the outside of the creepy building. As we walked up to the door it opened for us. Once inside, it was my grandmother yelling at Jace.

"They've been missing for 2 days and you believe telling me now was the correct moment?" She seethed toward jace. "Contact idris and any other institution now!"

"We're doing everything we can to bring them back" jace defends. "Alicia?" He asks looking surprised in my direction. Relief floods his face realizing it's me.

Before I know it I'm engulfed in my grandmothers arms with her bringing Will toward us so we're all in a group hug. "Thank the angels you're alright" my grandmother says in relief.

We pull away and she sees are currently state. "Both of you head toward the medical wing" she says hurriedly.

Will nods tiredly and goes to the medical facility. I turn around and notice Alec behind me. "Hello, you.  oh god no, I'm not joe Goldberg" I say shaking my head.

"Are you okay?" He asks looking slightly worried. I nod my head and smile a bit. "Yeah, you should see the other guy. I shocked the shit out of him."

I lift my arms and he sees the tech on my palms and wrists. "They probably thought it was a diffib"

"Alicia do not use that language. Lightwood, direct he to the medical wing" my grandmother interrupts a little softer than usual.

Alec nods ignoring my previous statements and lead me to the medical wing making sure I'm still breathing behind him.

"You miss me? Because I'd miss me if I was gone." I say trying to spark a conversation.

"For the first day, I thought it was oddly quiet then realized you hadn't bothered me for more that a couple hours. I figured you'd died or something" Alec confesses slightly joking.

I roll my eyes playfully. "You'd think you would care more about your future wife"

"I did care; I figured I was better off coining your life insurance but then I found out you have to be married" Alec jokes. I make a shocked expression.

"You won't be looking at me when I coin your life insurance" I say with a small pout. Alec sits me down on the medical bed and grabs his Stele along with some stuff to make the scraps feel a little better.

"Can I Rune you?" He asks motioning toward my arm. I make a smug expression. "I mean shit. I didn't know that was how you asked. But yea you can ruin me."

"Rune" he corrects grabbing my arm and slightly tracing my healing Rune.
»»————-  ————-««