GOOD MORI'N

╔═══════════════╗
CHAPTER 8
╚═══════════════╝

»»————-  ————-««

After 3 days of no sleep, a fuck ton of caffeine and a possibly malicious amount of gummy worms. My body was to my surprise, shutting down.

"Oh fuck me." I say leaning against the wall of the hallway clutching my stomach.

"What are you doing?" I hear behind me. I realize it's just Jace.

"I feel like I'm giving birth to a baby size gummy worm" I think out loud. Jace raises an eyebrow at me. "Right well, alec asked me to come and get permission from you."

I nod my head. "And?"

"I'm going to the pandemonium for a mission" he says smirking and walks off.

"Hey! Take Will, he's been bugging me with his problems. He needs to get laid" I yell out while walking back to my office. Once inside I engulf myself in paperwork.

»»————-  ————-««

I feel things being shifted around me. But I don't feel like peeling my eyes open. The once warmth of the chair leaves my body and I lifted into the chilly air.

My face scrunches in denial and a small groan escapes my mouth in protest. "Shh" I hear a voice mutter softly.

I'm placed on a cold but soft surface. Unconsciously, I mutter unhappy of the frigid air gracing my skin leaving goosebumps over my arms and legs.

Soon I feel a blanket over me and my hair get pulled out of my face. I hear footsteps become closer the chair of my desk and the small squeak of the chair when someone sits down.

I also hear a bit of typing with a few times a pen drawing along the pages of papers containing mission info.

Thing is I could care less. I was happy being asleep.

After a couple of minutes my rational side of my brain thinks back to the incident and I wake up right to my feet. As I open my eyes I notice the abundance of light in the room that makes me squint.

You know when you think you rested your eyes and then come to terms with reality that is it has been 7 hours and your grandmother died nap?

"Ayo, what the fuck?" I ask looking at Alec sitting behind my desk. He raises an eyebrow at me. "Good morning, have a nice 3 hour nap?"

"I did until I saw your face" I retort. I look at him and he's on the computer. I walk over to him and place my hands on the back of the chair. "You hacking me? You should post on my social media with a couple emojis" I joke.

His brows furrow in confusion. I shake my head. "Nevermind it's a mundie thing"

"Right, well I'm finishing up a report" he says coughing awkwardly. He scoots his chair slightly back. "You we're sleeping so I finished up for you."

"I can see that. Thank you and I'll uh give you a raise!" I declare. He laughs and spins around toward me. "Glad you got the memo"

He looks down at my wrist thats been in a small cast. "How's is it?" He asks grabbing my arm and examining the cast.

"It makes me look bad ass. But other than that it sucks" I say looking at the cast. "How are the missions going?"

"Good. Well organized and planned" he replies. "You didn't hear this from me but Will is struggling"

I nod my head and frown. "I see, I don't think I'll boot him to paper work"

"Why not isn't that what he's been doing" he retorts. I playfully smack his shoulder.

"No, Will is just struggling because he's always been the leader" I defend. "It's new territory for him"

"Right, I'm finished" he says standing up right in front of me. Our chests slightly touched and he tries to step back only to find the desk in his way.

He slides out and flushes. "I'll see you later?"

I nod my head amused. "Yeah, I'll kick your ass some other time."

He laughs a little bit remains a little nervous. "Doubt it. But I'll see when you actually decide to tell the truth"

"One quality I take pride in,  Alec" I say going closer to him until he backs himself up into the bookshelf making a small thud. "Is honesty"

Something flashes between Alec's eyes and he becomes a little more confident. I could tell be the way his shoulders broadened. He looks down at my figure with an intense stare. "You saying all that flirty comments were real?"

I smile wildly. "They can be real, if it'll get you to my bed" I say flicking his nose and making my way toward the chair where I sit down.

Alec glances one more time at me with a questioning stare. Then decided he saw enough and left me.

I was left slightly confused with our interacting. I wasn't entirely sure what gave him the confidence or what was making him extra nervous.

But one thing is for sure, Alec definitely doesn't know what he's feeling. If he did he wouldn't of reacted the way he did.

»»————-  ————-««