NOT THE TIME?

╔═══════════════╗
CHAPTER 4
╚═══════════════╝

»»-----  -----««

you're a bow kind of guy?" I ask looking at his weapon choice. He nods. "Guessing your a blade type?"

"Yeah" I answer. Alec and I had walked toward our location wheee the mini mission was.

as we round the corner. I start to notice the small detail in expressions and my surroundings. We both walk into the nice bar.

Everyone does the typical look at the people who ring the door social cue. My eyes scan over the tables looking for any change in mannerisms.

I grab Alec's hand and drag him to a table that I've pinned a smooth escape from. Once we sit down, I order a cup of coffee.

"We're on a mission not a coffee date" Alec reminds me. The nice waitress brings the cup of piping hot coffee and excuses herself.

"The table on the left by the bar avoided eye contact once they saw your markings" I look at Alec while taking a small sip of my coffee. I pull away immediately. "Oh! This is hot"

Alec scans over the table and notices the four men passing a napkin with something in between. Alec looks back at me. "It's a deal going on."

I smirk acknowledging his smarts. "Both incredibly good looking and smart. Aren't you such a catch?"

"From the looks of it their dealing vampire venom. The right amount gives a kick." I reply. "Before walking in here the man in front. hand ordered for drinks and separated them equally between the four."

"He's source, distributing" he comments staring at the table still. I grab his face and make him face me. "We're undercover, refrain from exposing us"

"I was not" alec glares pulling away from my hand. "Alright, I'll engage..."

"Don't, let them leave. They'll have more chance to flee" I reply to Alec. "This is why you hide your Runes babe"

I stand up from my seat and walk over to the table. The men look at me and look defensively.

"You selling?" I ask the guys. The source looks at me coldly then at Alec who's been watching us like a hawk. "Who's asking?" He Grits out.

"My boyfriend over there. He says you guys have the good stuff. Apparently, it's gives a kick" I reply Cooley.

"Listen mundie...I'm not selling to shadowhunter." He says making his final decision.

"Come on man. He's obviously not over here because you know that stupid clave will give him shit. I have the money" I say while getting the cash out. The guy gives me a last stare and takes the money slipping a couple bags of venom into my hands.

"You know, if this shit good. I have a whole business running on this. " I say motioning them to the baggie.

"If you have your own business why buy?" The old guy questions. I shake my head taunting them. "Never use your own stuff." I say looking between them. "Little secret, it never works out"

"So where you selling?" The man now says intrigued. "I have small connection to the vampires here"

"Straight from the source huh? Here have my number. Let's talk" he says writting it on a piece of paper and handing it to me.

I grab the paper and head back to Alec who has a scowl on his face.

"You bought drugs?" He says disapproving. I smirk in his direction while sitting down. "Those bills turn into a microscopic trackers once they place them in their pockets. He'll distribute the money among them and we'll have at four pinned locations."

"We could just get them now" Alec retorts. I roll my eyes "they'll probably sell at a club or somewhere that is public"

"Pandemonium, it's a club nearby. We'll go Tonight." Alec says cutting me off.

"Great, I'll give him a call" I say smirking a shoving the paper toward him. "You know sometimes it's not all about fighting with the brute of a troll."

"you don't like fighting? Sorry to say but You're in the wrong field" Alec says glaring slightly.

I shake my head while smiling slightly. "I take calculated decisions based on perspective."

"This is much easier than punching a couple guys in the nuts in the bar" I say while taking the last sip of my coffee. "And it gives me time, time is always precious"

"What are you a poet?" Alec retorts. I roll my eyes with a small smile on my face. "Love makes you do crazy things." I say while looking at him.

Alec's face softens and a cute annoyed expression forms on his face. "Will you give it up? I've known you for 2 days" He says trying to contain a small smile.

"Not until you reciprocate my love back. Until then, I'll fight for us" I say in a cocky tone.

"Ready to go?" He asks looking at my cookie that's on the table. I hide it from his view. "You'll get a tiny piece because I'm nice"

He grabs the cookie and splits it. "You know if you continue like this you'll make progress" he comments while taking a bite of the cookie.

"I lost my hunger looking at your face. But please enjoy" I smile at him in a fake glance.

»»-----  -----««