1.

***Please read the end of the
||Characters|| chapter if you skipped it.***

My alarm sounded in my ears and disturbed my slumber.

I sat up groggily and reached for my glasses. I put them on and then reset my alarm to disrupt my dreams again tomorrow.

I stood up and put on my slippers. As I walked into the bathroom and went to my mirror I put my hair into a tighter bun.

I then washed my hands and took off my glasses to put my contacts in.

I went back into my room and went to my speaker. I played some classical music before taking off my slippers and heading to the shower.

I lathered for awhile.

I didn't know why I always chose shower time to contemplate about my life but I did. I always thought of the choices I've made and often times regretted those decisions.

Once I got out of the shower I did all my hygienic things and got dressed. I wore a more fitted dress today.

Mostly because I didn't hang up my clothes yet and it was one of the few dresses that wasn't wrinkled

I grabbed all my materials and left my condo. Immediately as I walked out, I saw Austin waiting for me.

I shooed him away, "Leave me alone. Please just go away."

I walked past him and he trailed me, "Danielle you immediately decline all my calls. You don't even give me the time of day."

I then said, "If your calls never go through it's because I blocked you, and for good reason."

I got on the elevator and he got in with me. He pressed the first floor.

"Danielle how can you be mad at me. You said you didn't want anything exclusive and then a week later you agreed to date me. I thought we were in an open relationship."

I stared at him, "You begged on your knees for me to date you after I rejected you twice. And then I said I'd date you but we are strictly inclusive. We had sex once and then you went on several cheating sprees."

I then added, "And you only want to come back because you couldn't find anyone better than me."

The door opened and I walked out of the elevator.

"Is everything alright Miss?" I saw Randy, the head security officer sitting at the desk.

I pointed to Austin, "Randy please get him away from me." Randy stood up and Austin immediately held his hands up, "I'll go alright, I'll go." He glared at me then left.

Randy sat back down at his desk and fixed his hat.

He then continued, "I just got here so the last officer must've let him in. I'll talk to the team." I smiled, "Thank you Randy."

He nodded, "No problem bookworm."

I went over to the desk. "Must that be my nickname. I don't even read as much as I write."

He scoffed, "You read two books a week. When we find someone who reads more than you then I'll change my nickname for you."

I wasn't opposed to that idea.

"How's your wife," I asked curiously. He hmm'd "She is great. I was late because she wanted to be serenaded before I left."

I let out a soft sigh "Why can't all men be as good as you Randy?" He shrugged and said "If every man was perfect then you wouldn't know who your soulmate is."

I chuckled softly, "I'm going to be single forever. They just don't make men like them used to."

He shrugged, "Then stop looking for men."

I knew what he was implying but I knew he wasn't going to go into detail.

"Have fun at work." He said with a smile. I then responded with, "Actually I'm going to a conference today. I'll come back with gifts if they give out free stuff."

He gave me a solid thumbs up and I left to the conference.

Before I could go to the conference I stopped by Nelly's cafe. They weren't open yet but they would be in twenty minutes.

I was just allowed to walk in. I could see Nelly cleaning behind the bar.

Before she even looked up she said, "Good morning Danielle." She looked at me and smiled softly.

I returned the smile, "Nelly, how are you today." She waved me off, "A bit everywhere but that's alright."

She handed me a cup. "Green tea with honey, raw honey." I took the cup and I reached for money but she stopped me, "It's on the house."

I shook my head, "No, here you go." I gave her five bucks and she whispered, "I didn't open the register yet."

I then replied, "It'll be sitting here when you do." She chuckled, "You're my best friend, you don't have to pay every time."

I sipped my drink, "As your best friend I can't rob you." I heard a loud thump upstairs and Nelly sighed softly before whispering, "She's blind as a bat."

She came from behind the counter "Have a good day, see you tomorrow." And with that I left.

Who was she talking about

|~|~|~|~|~|

Are you excited for this story?