20.

I was teaching my last class. I was excited because it was ending and Tyler wanted to take me on a date.

As I was wrapping up the lecture the door opened. Austin came in and his eyes were bloodshot.

He was in the worst condition I'd ever seen him in.

My restraining order was still being finalized so I couldn't press any charges yes. But knowing him he'd do something crazy.

"How dare you sleep with her!" He yelled.

I grabbed the phone and yelled, "Someone grab him!"

As a few of the boys in the class stood up he ran towards me. I ran around my desk and he chased me. Several of the students caught him and subdued him.

I called security who came rushing in the room with the Dean of the school. The officers held Austin as the Dean came over to me.

"Dr. Love do you know this man." I gave a sad nod.

"He's an ex boyfriend of mine who I left. He's been stalking me for months. He's absolutely crazy and I'm scared everywhere I go. I've been looking into getting a restraining order but look at him." She glanced at Austin, who was struggling.

I then added, "He's even convinced himself that I'm having relations with my students. But you can ask everyone in the class and they'll tell you that it's false."

"She's screwing that girl! I know she is! Wait until I get out-" The security covered his mouth.

The security took him out of the room and the Dean rubbed my arm.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of him." She said in a reassuring tone.

She left and my students were just looking at me. I went back over to my desk.

I cleared my throat, "I truly apologize for him, you're all dismissed for the day."

They all left and I sat at my desk. I waited and then Tyler came in. She was with a girl and they both looked worried.

"Are you alright? I heard what happened." I gave her a nod but I glanced at the girl she was with.

"Oh, Professor this is Abby. Abby this is Dr. Love." She smirked softly "What a sexy name."

Tyler turned bright red and said, "Abby please." I chuckled softly, "Thank you, it's nice to meet you Abby."

Tyler then motioned her away, "I'll see you tomorrow." Abby smirked, "Bye cutie."

She winked before leaving. Once the door closed I stared at Tyler intensely.

"She's just flirtatious. I promise you have nothing to worry about." Tyler said as she fiddled with her thumbs.

I glanced away, "The semester ends next week. Promise me you'll never take my class again." She gave a soft nod "I promise."

"Does she call you that often?" I asked with a slight glare.

Tyler fiddled her thumbs again. "Yeah but she only does it because I get flustered easily."

I folded my arms, "Why do you get flustered around her."

Tyler got really small. "I promise there's nothing between us." Her voice was like a whisper.

I decided not to let my jealousy get the best of me.

I tilted her face up , "What did you have planned for me my love."

She smiled softly, "It's a secret but meet me at the back parking lot in ten minutes." She then left.

I waited and got all my items before going to the back and getting into the car. She held my hand as she drove. Then she handed me a blindfold.

"Tyler why?" She giggled at my suspense. I put it on and waited.

She drove for about an hour so I didn't bother trying to figure out where we were.

She came to a stop and said, "We're here."

I took off my blindfold and we were at a old Italian restaurant. The one I used to go to with my grandfather.

I looked at her with teary eyes, "Come on."

She opened my door for me and we went in the restaurant hand in hand. "I had a reservation for Tyler."

The guy then said, "We just seated your other guest, right this way." I was confused.

We walked to the table and he was there in his long wool coat and beige corduroy pants. He was sipping his black coffee when he saw us.

"Danielle, amore mio." He stood up and hugged me.

I immediately took in his scent of mint and coffee beans. He pulled back and my tears were falling. I sat next to him and Tyler sat across from us.

"Nonno...why now. Why did you decide to come back." I cried.

I hadn't seen my grandfather in years.

He sighed softly and shook his head, "I was wrong to cast you away in the first place. I had assumed that you liking women was a way of you protesting kids because of how your mother treated you. I was just old and ignorant."

He fixed my hair, "But I couldn't bare the pain of not seeing you. After a year of ignoring the calls and once I stopped writing letters I'd yearned to see you."

He teared. "I love you too much to stay mad at you amore. So I tried to call but you'd changed numbers. I called the school and they told me you graduated."

He held his heart, "I missed your graduations and I'm so sorry."

I wiped my tears "Nonno...I thought you never wanted to see me again."

He shook his head, "I was looking for you Danielle."

I looked at Tyler and asked, "How did you do this?"

She smiled softly."His number was in an old phone book I found and it still worked. He knows about us Danielle. He wanted to give you his blessing."

I looked at him, "Is that true Papa?"

He laughed and said, "Yes. Gosh you haven't called me that since you were ten."

He hmm'd and said, "Danielle you look different."

He eyed me up and down, "Why did you dye your hair black amore."

I giggled and hugged him, "Oh hush."

He hugged me and a waiter came over. Tyler had the biggest bowl of chicken Alfredo in her life and went into a food coma so I ended up driving us home.

But I was still incredibly grateful to her.

|~|~|~|~|~|

Now that the story has progressed, who is your favorite character?