16.

I was sitting in the storefront with Nelly. The store was closed and it was late.

We were enjoying some glasses of wine together. She had two, I was on my fourth.

"Nelly I don't understand how you know all these things. It's almost as if you're psychic."

She shrugged, "Its intuition." I waved her off "How about this. Tell me your biggest secret."

She raised her eyebrow. I started, "I'll tell you mine first. When I was dating Austin I had three affairs with three different women."

Her eyes widened, "You dated him for two weeks."

I nodded, "And he'd kill me if he knew." She sighed and finished her glass. She shook her head, "I don't know, you might not look at me the same."

I rubbed my eyes. "I'll tell you another one then." I paused before saying, "I only got my doctorate so I could be called the Love Doctor."

She laughed and I snickered. It was true but also a bit embarrassing "Please Nelly."

She poured another drink. "I'm a serial killer." It got quiet.

I chuckled softly, "I'm serious Nelly."

She sipped her wine that she just poured "Did I shock you?"

I sat up, "Prove it." She was confused, "How would I do that?"

I just shook my head, "I can't imagine you as some sociopathic killer."

She shrugged, "Because I'm not a sociopath, I'm a psychopath. Those are two completely different things."

I was a bit quiet. "So...what does that mean. Do you not like me or something."

She leant back, "On the contrary, I find you very intriguing. I don't make emotional connections with people because I find them to burden me. I do what I have to to get by. I wasn't personally affected by my sisters death but I took Tyler in out of necessity."

I couldn't believe what she was saying.

"Wait, so what, wait." I was just befuddled.

She then said, "To be fair I never liked my sister. But I do like you as a friend. And I do like Tyler but those are the only emotional connections I have."

My eyes widened. I couldn't believe this.

Then I had an idea.

"Then what's your killer name. I'll search it." I pulled out my phone and she responded, "Twilight."

I searched 'Twilight Killer' and thousands of results came up. I looked at an article and it showed her victims.

"Nelly you told me that you were sexually assaulted in your teen years. And that's why you left England to come here." She nodded.

"So all your victims are sexual predators." She nodded softly "Are you scared."

I was but I wasn't at the same time "N-not really."

"Why aren't you scared?" She asked.

I then said, "Because I'm not a sexual abuser so by your logic, I should always be safe."

She smiled softly "Smart girl."

I hmm'd softly and then I asked, "Have you thought about being a bounty Hunter or an assassin? It's good money and you get to hunt criminals."

She shook her head, "I like being my own boss."

I then immediately thought of something but before I asked she said, "I'm waiting to kill him. If I kill him now then you'll be suspected first and he'll reveal the status of you and Tyler's relationship."

She then murmured, "Considering that your relationship is still illegal, I would suggest we wait a bit longer."

I finished my last glass, "I won't tell anyone." She smiled softly. "Thank you, goodnight Danielle."

I stood up and I thought of Tyler. I went upstairs and Tyler was reading a book.

"I'm drunk." I said softly. I went over and climbed in the bed "Can we have sex?" I asked.

She kissed me softly, "You can't consent while drunk so I have to say no."

My eyes teared, "Can we kiss please. Sober me would kiss you, I swear on my life."

She giggled and put her book down. "You're a big baby when you're drunk. But I think you know that already."

I pulled her close and we kissed. It made me so happy.

|~|~|~|~|~|

What's your lucky number?