2.

The first day of a new semester always brings me a nervous feeling.

I teach college seniors so I either get a class full of seniors who are focused on graduating or seniors who can't pick up a pencil anymore because of exhaustion.

I watched people walk in one by one and then be seated. I looked at my watch and then class started.

I stood up, "Good Morning. I'm Miss Love. You can call me that or Professor Love, or Dr. Love, I'm fine with all. This is British Literature 401. A lot of this class is reading and writing excerpts on what you read."

In the middle of my talking the door opened and a girl walked in. The whole class turned their attention and she was clearly embarrassed from how red she was.

It was like she was stuck in place.

I then said, "Have a seat please." She sat down quickly.

I then continued, "I want this class to cater to you because I want to strengthen your interpretation skills. Much of the work is opinionated but please make your opinions reasonable with sound evidence to back it up. But before we get into that." I then paused.

I sat on my desk and crossed my leg over the other before saying, "Introductions."

One by one each person went around to say their name, major, classification, and hobbies. Eventually we got to the girl in the front.

She was really timid. "Hello...my name is Tyler. I have a major in English literature and I'm a senior. My hobbies include reading...." She got quiet.

"Just reading?" I asked, to which she replied with a nod. So I asked, "What do you read?"

She then said, "Everything." My heart fluttered for a second.

I turned away "A-Alright. Now for the syllabus."

I passed it out for them to review and sign and by that time the class was over.

Soon they all left but Tyler came over to me. "Excuse me Ma'am." She interrupted.

She was holding the syllabus. "I've already read all the material in the class several times so is it alright if I get a head start on my work."

She was serious, "How many books do you read in a week." She shrugged, "If I'm busy about eight or nine. If I have a lot of free time I can easily read about sixteen."

Her soft British accent was adorable "You can get a head start on the work if you want to."

She gave a soft nod, "Is your name really Miss Love?" She asked. I nodded and she giggled softly "That's a really cool name."

She put her syllabus in her bag and left. But as she walked by I got the most delicious scent of tea.

She smelled so good that I almost stopped her to ask about the fragrance but I didn't and I let her leave.

I knew that she was going to be a problem for me...

|~|~|~|~|~|

What's your favorite book?