His look alike

ALEX
Going through some files in my office and trying to get the total sum for the new project at hand has taken away my free break.
I work hours every day to make sure I get home really late and leave early the next day to avoid seeing the boredom of the house.
"Hello! Alex on the line, who am I speaking to?" I asked the moment the telephone gets to my right ear.
"Good afternoon Sir! It's me Rex, am calling because of the work you gave me to investigate on" he said calmly through the line.
Just hope this call means good news! "So what did you find? Did you get to know where she is?" I asked him all at once.
He was quiet for a while before he finally spoke. "Yes! She's a mother" his word was like a gunshot that had gotten through my heart and pierced it into tinny pieces.
"She's a mother? Is she by any chance married? How old is the child? Is the child a he or she?" I found myself asking this question at once.
He was quite
"Answer me!" I screamed out for the hearing of the whole world.
I couldn't breathe, everything was just inverted and irritating. I just wish he would just say it's not her child, but who am I to deceive its all gone, and right now everything has crumbled.
"Boss! She is not married, the child is hers but the father is unknown. She lives alone with the child. She has changed a lot about herself" Rex said cutting me out of my thoughts.
"So! If she's not married; then who's the father of the baby?" I asked reducing my voice.
"The child should be one year and some months, it seems she got herself pregnant in Detroit and ran away from the shame back to her home in Oklahoma," he said making alter the sense.
"But, when she was here she never slept with anyone except me, and I was drunk and angry then, I woke up the next day and met bloodstain on my bedsheets and when I asked her what happen she said nothing happen but I knew I had taken away her virginity," I said nothing knowing what else to say.
"Then I think the child belongs to you," Rex said breaking out the chains that were holding the truth.
"But" I was saying but lost words.
"But what boss?" Rex asked me trying to get words from my mouth.
"But, why didn't she tell me she was pregnant, wait if she didn't tell me that means she told Erica and she knows the whereabouts of Emelda. But why would she do this to me, to our child, wait for Rex," I called gaining his attention?
"Yes!" He answered.
"Is the child a male or female?" I asked him calmly and do you know the child's name.
"He is a boy" he was quiet for some while maybe trying to get the name. "But I do not know the child's name but I assure you that you would get it before today runs out," he said giving me hope.
"Okay! Thanks a lot, Rex and you did a really good job... And Rex is there any difference from her previous appearance?" I asked him hoping for no changes.
"She's got a golden hair boss," he muttered.
Ah! "Like seriously, she changed her hair. This woman is amusing, well I hope to see her soon and please do remember to get the boys name and his photo with his mothers. Thanks a lot, Rex, we would probably talk later" I verbalized as we said our byes and hanged up.
Oh! God, I can't wait to have you, Emelda, in my arms and our son, am gonna cuddle him to sleep and get his different toys.
"Yes! Yes!! Yesssss!!!" I shouted as I took my car keys and locked up my office then left for my house, "I need a rest" I said as I walked out giving my secretary instructions before leaving for the days rest.
I ducking don't care what anybody thinks I just need a lot of rest!.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
DYLAN
I've been standing in front of Beverly & co waiting for miss beautiful for hours and it seems as if she is not gonna come out for the. Days rest or maybe she didn't come to work today, I've seen most of the workers come out for lunch even Beverly herself just left but she's just not coming out.
The lobby door opened again but I was not interested and I wanted to turn so as not to be disappointed by the person coming out, but to my outer surprise it was her miss beautiful.
"Hey! beautiful, been waiting all day for you," I said feeling proud for myself.
"Good afternoon mister,__ why are you waiting for me?" She asked nonchalantly.
"Oh! Was it a bad idea then? Miss?" I asked calmly.
"Ah, Emelda"
"Imelda, you've for yourself a nice name" I muttered.
"Emelda mister handsome and not Imelda, okay," she said as she made an attempt to leave but I quick held her.
EMELDA
What's up with this guy? Why can't he just let me be for God sake? Well! He's cute though but his resemblance with Alex is just too much.
Whatever! I heard people are two everywhere you go.
"Oh! Emelda are you busy? I wanted to take you out for lunch, and that's if you don't mind" he mumbled taking a step forward so we can be head to head.
"Well! I do mind because I was going to pick my son from his creche school" I said shocking with my statement 'son'.
"You're married?" He asked loudly.
"Nah! Am just a single mother, am not married neither am I into any relationship, not that I want to get into any" I said as I used my hands in demonstrating what I was saying.
"Okay! But we can get to know each other, and list I forget let me drive you to your son's creche school so we can go for lunch from there" he said as he attempted to carry my small purse which contained my cell and other important things like my home keys and money.
"Oh! Thank you but I've got other plans, maybe next time we can hang out, you know" I said as I made for a taxi.
"Okay, no problem," he said as he stopped a coming taxi and he told me to get in. After getting inside I waved my hands before the taxi driver drove off.
In a few minutes, the Beverly building was no longer in sight.
~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR
All these, while Mel and Dylan have been talking Rex, has been in a corner taking photos of them.
When he saw that Mel was trying to stop a taxi he quickly entered his car and waited patiently for the taxi to start moving in its unknown direction.
In a few minutes he was driving behind them and he made sure he wasn't noticed.
After about thirty minutes Mel's taxi came to a halt at Alex's creche school.
Meanwhile, Rex was watching all her movements, he came down from his car and followed Mel into the creche school.
In coming back he saw Mel and purposely greeted her.
"Oh! Hello, good afternoon ma'am your son looks handsome" he said the moment he met her gaze fixed on him.
"Thank you mister and good afternoon," she said as she made way for him to pass.
"Yeah! He is a cute little boy, and what's his name" Rex said as he took the child from her and started playing with the laughing boy, who was finding whatever play Rex was playing with him amazing.
"His name is Alexander Jnr, I named him after his dad" she answered him happily without even minding if he was a stranger.
Rex's mind flattered at the mention of the little boy's name.
"Okay! Ma'am, I'll take my leave now, maybe we would see some other time. Well, my name is Rex and am here for someone" he said calmly.
"Okay! Bye, I'll take my leave also. And my name is Emelda" she said as she took the baby from Rex and started walking out of the place.
Rex was beyond happy and he couldn't wait any longer to tell his boss that she name his son after him.
REX
This girl loves Alex and I am beginning to think she left all because of someone and something.
Well! Curiosity kills the rat and is not going to be curious.
I brought out my phone and went to my call list and dialled Alex's number.
He picked at the second ring.
"Hello, any news?"
ALEX
I was in my room running out of patience when my phone began to ring, I received it on the second ring.
"Hello, any news?" I asked the moment I picked the call.
"Yes boss, there's good news," he said as he heard my voice drop.
"Good news? What is it? Tell me" I said nor being able to wait any longer.
"Well sir, I took the photo of the baby in the morning when she was leaving for work and I took another when I saw her with a male friend who had been waiting for her outside her workplace for hours, but there's something boss" he was saying but later pursed. "The man looked exactly like you," he said dropping the bomb.
"Like me? What's his name?" I asked inquisitively. God, I just hope it's not what am thinking.
"That I know nothing of, but her son's name is......