Broken

ALEX
"That I know nothing of, but her son's name is Alexander Jnr. She said she named him after his father" he muttered making me smile lost at the mention of the babies name.
"Thank you very much, Rex. So are you sending the photos now or you're just gonna come home now" I asked him still smiling like I won the lottery.
"Well I'd be coming back first, maybe I'll give them to you tomorrow morning at the office," he said making me take a deep breath of impatience.
"OK, if you say so! But hope you'd be early? because I've got no more time to waste" I said sarcastically.
"No," he said calmly and positively.
"Okay? If you say so" I said then breathed in belief.
"Bye, sir?" he said more like a question.
"Bye, Rex!" I said simply forgetting my stained policy.
"...okay," he said in shock and hanged up.
Humm, I yearn for your smiles Mel, just how in God's name will you leave with our child and not only leave and go far away. You refused to inform, at least if I had rejected the baby then you'd have been free to hate me.
But...not hating me when I didn't even know about it.
"Yes! I know I didn't feel remorse or apologize about taking your pride but I wasn't in my right state/mind then" I spoke out nonchalantly, not minding if I was alone.
".I love you, Emelda".
After the days work, I took my suit shirt which I kept on the cloth rack and my bag which I kept all the important and needed documents before walking out with my car keys in my pocket and my left hand in my pocket while the right held my cell and bag.
The moment I stepped into my office lobby I saw my secretary Stella who had been working for 2 years now after Emelda left.
"Good evening, sir!" She said extending her hands for my bag but instead of giving it to her as usual, I raised my hands indicating I could do it myself.
She nodded politely and bowed a little before walking away, and I heard her muttered a "seems boss is in a good mood today after 2 years" she said before I walked into the elevator and the door closed behind me.
As I settled in the elevator I pressed the last floor button and it started going down, It stopped at the fifth floor and Mrs Macalister the accounting and decoration head walked in with a brief smile.
"Evening, Mr Arthur!" She smiled questionably.
"Evening, Mrs Mac," I said abbreviating her name her surname, with my face still moody or should I say boiling
"Is everything alright? Mr Arthur" she asked with concern written all over her face and voice.
I looked at her briefly and decide it would be better not to tell her because it was all private.
"...n...Nah am fine, and everything is perfect and OK" I lied sarcastically, at least the truth is hidden for now! But not forever though.
I just pray, once Rex gets to Detroit tomorrow I'll be able to get my Emelda back and when I get her back nothing and no one can stop us anymore... "
"Earth to Alex" Mrs Mac said bring me out of my thoughts. "Are you sure you're OK?" She asked worriedly and I nodded my head indicating that I was okay and fine.
"OK! If you say so I'll be on my way, goodbye Mr Arthur" she said and walked out of the closing elevator, and that was when I remembered I was still in the elevator and it was probably going to take me back to the upper floor if I didn't stop it.
I quickly took my hands to the button and pressed the last floor again before waiting patiently and in a twinkle of an eye I was there and the door opened revealing the surrounding of the busy reception.
I quickly walked past the reception and went outside the lobby. I was about to enter my car when someone tapped me from behind.
I turned and look at the person only to be met by miss nightmare herself, Erica!.
"Are you going somewhere, Alex?" She asked sarcastically.
I rolled my eyes and turn to look at her, my face filled with austere. I looked at her for a while with disgust before opening my car door and driving off to a new environment where I won't want to kill anyone named, Erica.
That girl is totally bad news. I never liked her anyway. She was always pretentious and paltering.
But she gat guts and vibes to even be able to walk close to me and ask silly questions about my whereabouts.
Well, it's all my fault, if I had put her on her rightful stands she won't have the mind to wiggle.
My car came to a halt and I packed at the parking lot before coming down.
Sometimes I do wonder how I drive and think and still get home safe, well only God knows.
EMELDA
Mom and dad had been pestering me to take Alex to his biological father and stop the secret hiding.
Am going to meet them and ask if that's going to be the best option.
I wanted to call them but I found out I left my phone at the office.
Well, it's my house and nothing is a secret when I'm going to see them.
..
In less than twenty minutes I was already there with Alex sleeping soundly in my hands. I played the taxi man I made my way to the feint door.
I was about to knock when I heard voices in something like an argument.
Instead of me to open the door, I did the unexpected. I leaned close and put my ears to the door.
"..we have to tell her" I heard mom say to the other person.
"We can't, she would feel broken, let's just take her as our child and take the secret to the grave" dad said making my eyes go wide.
What secret are they talking about?
"Never! Common Clara Emelda can't know that Imelda is her biological mother. It's not yet now, yeah! I know I promised my sister but it's not easy, not after she had experienced what her mother had" my dad or should I say uncle said loudly to my mother. They both were so engraved in their conversation that they didn't notice a babies voice.
I couldn't take it anymore so I barged in with tears pouring uncontrollably in my face and rolling down my neck to my top.
"Emelda baby?" Mom said with a questioning look.
"Emelda? What are you doing here? why are you crying, dear? what happened?" Dad asked all the questions with pretentious behaviour.
"Oh, spare me that crap dad or should I say, uncle? Because I heard everything you guys said about me not being your daughter and my mom making a mistake which is repeating itself which is me" I said not minding the tears which had already blinded my eyes.
"We are very sorry Mel, we are," mom said with tears already tempting to pour out.
"Sorry you say, what about those times we had picnic and trip to grandma? Was that why she never likes me because of my status of being a bastard?" I asked shocking them with my question which is the absolute truth.
Well, they said the truth is always bitter, and it was. I thought sadly.
"Mel we are sorry," mom said with regret written all over her voice.
"Well, tell that to the **tches," I said as I turn and started walking out, I stopped for a minute, took a deep breath and spoke with my back facing them. "And please do not come looking for me," I said and walked out, stopping a taxi that was gonna take me home.
Today ain't just my happy day!
The next day
ALEX
Waking early today all because I want to get that photo from Rex and see who my woman was talking to.
I was already done bathing so I just walked into my walk-in closet and started doing my thing.
I brought out a grey suit and started getting myself into it.
Done with dressing I took my accessories like my gold earring, my diamond bracelet and my gold neck chain.
After all that I sprayed all my body spray and perfumes and took my black shades just to look a little hot and outstanding.

Walking out of my mansion, I simply made way for my black Ferrari sports car and drove out, the gate automatically opened itself and I drove out. After driving out I took out my gate remote key and insert an anti-theft security alarm.
Within fifteen minutes I was already handling my car to Reymond the car packer to go pack at the underground parking lot.
I walked into the lobby and all workers started emerging to their post, not after bowing and greeting me.
If I was not in my untamed mood I would have sacked Mr Cha the man from Korea for walking about in my company and doing nothing.
Well, that's something I don't have time to do today because all my mind is on the photo.
"Good morning sir," my secretary said the moment I stepped out of the elevator.
"Morning, do I have an appointment today?" I asked her simply.
"No! Sir, but Rex is in your waiting room waiting for you," she said lastly as she walked away not after bowing a little.
"OK! And" I said and she turn to look at me. "Thank you!" I said as I walked out leaving her shocked at my word.
Well, it's not her fault I've never been nice to her since she started working for me.
I smiled stylishly before opening the door to my office. I walked to the waiting room and met Rex typing on his phone.
"Hey, Rex!" I said walking closer to him.
"Good morning boss! Here's the photo" he said stretching out the envelope in his right hand.
"Thanks, Rex!" I said as I collected it from him.
He stood up and started walking out.
"Leaving?" I asked as I sat down on the couch.
"Yeah! Got some investigation to do for Decker Mason" he said truthfully.
"Like you mean...the senator Decker Mason?" I asked awe by his legacies and connection.
"Yeah! And I've to get going now, as I don't wanna stay here chatting and get late? Am I?" He said as he walked out.
"Goodbye!" I said smiling.
"Was that for me?" He asked bringing his head inside through the door.
"Maybe!" I said laughing, laughed "bye," he said then closed the door behind him.
"Wow" I wowed as I stood up and walked to my office using the spare door connected to my office.
After minutes of settling myself in my office, I brought out the envelope and started bringing out whatever was inside.
The moment I brought out the last pies and took a close look at the photo. My mouth went ajar at the sight of Emelda and the familiar and related person she was standing with. My brother!!!, Seth.