Meeting Alex

EMELDA
I got to my parent's house and they were really happy to see me.
"Oh! Emelda, mom has been worried. Where were you all this while have been trying to reach you?" She asked with anxiety all over her face.
I looked at her with nothing to reply and say.
"Say something Mel" dad said half yelling.
"I have no answer for both of you, but instead I have a question to ask about my biological parents," I said dropping Alex on the two sitter couch.
"What about them?" Mom asked shock written in her eyes.
"I want to know who they are? And I want you to tell me who my real father is?" I said folding my hands in akimbo style.
Mom's face was written with fear.
"Yo......_" dad was saying but was cut short by the TV news showing the senator who was building a new orphanage home for kids.
The man looked familiar but I had seen dad one afternoon watching his normal political news about different electorate parties. I was nineteen then so I didn't care.
Dad had insulted the man and called him a man-whore, saying the man left his child and bla bla bla.
But me being the less disturbed college kid I never cared because then my grades matter than all those political faces on TV. I was never the popular and political type neither was I the movie type but if it's being taught and asked in school I always practice or study ahead so I don't get a C on any of my courses.
Now presently the man is the senator which before he was the house of rep chairperson.
Seeing him on TV triggered my purpose of meeting him one on one.
I was still in my little twinkle thought about the USA senator Decker Mason when my dad spoke out.
"_..His your father Mel!" He said adamantly.
His words pierced into my body like a sharp tip of an iceberg leaving my legs to wiggle at his word.
I was wobbly about the whole situation. How can a senator be my father?
His he my father?
Did he ever find or search for me?
Would mom and dad have told me if I didn't hear about my secret?
How would it feel for people to know that I'm the senator's daughter?
People like! 'Alex' 'Erica' 'Dylan' I was in deep thought that I didn't know Alex was up already.
The little lad walked up to me and hugged my lower body.
I looked at him and raised him so we can start going home to pack up.
"Where are you going to, Mel!" Mom called behind me as my hands touched the nob of the door and I opened it a jar and walked out without replying to moms question.
"_God! Why?" I screamed as I walked up to the road to stop a taxi.
All I wanted was to get out of the fucking place and be in another location where all these lies are far from.
REX
After I had left Alex the other day in search of the missing girl Decker asked me to look for.
I had been finding it hard to believe that who I had been searching for is right under my nose.
How can senator Decker's daughter be Emelda?
This is hard to believe.
What would I tell him and how do I explain to both Emelda and Alex.
Emelda on the other hand would be...
I was still in my thought when my phone started ringing making me flinch at its loud sound.
I took a glance at the caller and saw that it was no other person but senator Decker Mason himself.
"Hello, Decker!" I greeted him sternly.
"Yes! Rex, any news?" He asked expectantly.
"Yes! But_." I said then pursued to think things through before moving ahead in telling him.
"But?" He asked impatiently.
"Well, she's in Oklahoma with her parents, or should I say, aunty and uncle?" I asked simply.
"Parents? But I thought it's just her mom Imelda Wilson?" He asked timorously.
"Well, the Imelda Wilson in question is dead who is her mother. I heard she died three years after giving birth to a baby girl" I said truthfully because I had done underground research on them.
"The girl in question, what's her name?" He asked
"Emelda, she was named by her mother. But she changed the first spelling of the name from 'I' to 'E', but after she died the girl started staying with her mother's brother" I replied him sarcastically.
"Okay! You've done a great job Rex, and you'd be rewarded for it" he said his voice filled with joy.
"Thank you, Decker," I said amusingly.
"Yeah! Decker to only you Rex but senator to the others. So how do I get to see her" he asked wearily.
"Well_.." I was saying when my tracker got to the airport, but all of a sudden the phone got switched off.
"Wait up let me check something, it seems the girl is going to the airport, but she just switched off her phone," I said truthfully and started checking the security footage.
Why is she getting into Alex's private jet?
Or has she and Alex get back together?
I asked myself.
"Decker! I'd call you back, ave got something to confirm" I said but couldn't wait for his reply before ending the call.
"What's going on?" I asked myself worriedly.
I quickly put a call through to Alex.
What if she's coming to Detroit to meet Alex and they are planning their wedding?
This better be good?
"Hello, Rex" I heard Alex say from the other end.
"Hey! So how is everything going with you and you woman?" I asked making it seem as if I didn't know she is in his private jet now, or they might even be in the air now.
"Oh! Rex, she forgave me and she's on her way to Detroit. She accepted me and she is coming to stay with me. She's bringing mg son Rex" he said happily.
'Wow! That was quick' I muttered to myself so only I could hear.
"Wow! That's good, am happy for you man" I said confusion written in my voice.
"Well, there is a little problem, Rex," he said worriedly. His voice filled with fear and pity.
"_What??" I asked eager to hear the problem.
"Emelda found out who her real father is," he said painfully.
"And who is her real father?" I asked pretending to not know.
"Senator Decker Mason"