Chapter 4: Fire and Ice

Chapter 4 – Fire and Ice

The perfecting your elements class wasn't so bad. Giselle spent the entire time lighting simple things on fire while others fried things with electricity or soaked them with water. Still she didn't know what to expect for her Battling and training class.

As Giselle walked to her class she felt someone trying to catch up to her. It was Jasmine and when she realized she tried to quicken her pace.

Something about Jasmine didn't stick with her well. One, She was Professor Cornelius daughter. She could just be trying to spy on her to run to her father and tell him as much as she can. Two, she was trying too hard, always trying to get Giselle to hang out with her or lighten up.

Giselle wasn't too optimistic; she was realistic and expected Jasmine to want something.

"So how were your first classes?" Jasmine asked.

Giselle turned to her. "Look, just because we're roommates doesn't mean I have to trust you."

Jasmine frowned "Why are you so hard headed?"

"I don't want to be friends with you!" Giselle yelled in rage. "With any of you!"

There they were, standing outside of Giselle's building of Battle and Training. Jasmine stared at her in disbelief before lifting her chin and saying "Fine, be the outcast that you are."

Giselle felt relieved as she walked into the brown stoned building that lied in front of her. Inside was an entrance that had a couple sofas and marble floors. A couple students sat at the sofas but Giselle suspected that she was a tad early.

At the front of the room was Professor Cornelius chatting away with a man wearing thick glasses and a plaid top, another teacher probably. Giselle thought. Near them were several other battle trainers that Giselle had never seen. She had no idea who they were neither or why they all wore heavy black clothing and dark jackets.

To her surprise the twins had this class as well, they stood at the far side of the entrance side by side, inseparable and attached by the hip. They had a strong brother sister bond.

Giselle didn't know of that bond. The only bond she ever had was the one with her mother. Since she was the age of five she was told that her father passed away in a plane crash and reminded that she was an only child. Giselle had to believe that, even though everything seemed like a lie now and she was learning new things about herself as the days went on.

Professor Cornelius cleared his throat. "Students, Welcome to your Battle and Training class."

The entrance grew quiet as all the students laid their eyes on him.

"I usually wont’ be here but for some of you, this is your first time attending this class." He said, eyes falling on Giselle. "I've decided the importance in attending so that I can keep an eye on some of you."

Whispers broke amongst the crowd.

"But today I will be doing more than just watching." He continued. "A pair of you will have two trainers at your side and will work against each other in battle; you shall not hesitate and will only use the powers that run through your veins, no weapons of any sort."

Giselle felt her stomach turn in panic.

"You will fight each other off." He continued in a raised voice. "Today is to see how you do with battle against an enemy, and I, being the generous man that I am, will choose one of you to train today myself."