Chapter 54 - Elevator Magic

Colored clouds and golden light. 

SORRY FOR THE DELAY!

VOTE, COMMENT AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 54 – Elevator Magic

            Giselle felt her knees shake as she halted in front of the Eiffel tower. Jasmine paused next to her, panting. Annoyance passed over her. It was a terrible tease that she couldn’t use her powers in open areas. It would be very convenient to use her gift of speed when she truly needed it. That however, couldn’t happen.

            Giselle sat up straight after several minutes of trying to catch her breath. She glanced around, taking in her surroundings. There wasn’t a person in sight. It seemed like the perfect time to do what was needed to be done. Cromin was waiting, she however wondered if she was ready.

            After this, there might be no turning back and no coming back.

            Her doubts were squashed when she remembered what her purpose was. Zeptoria was at stake. This wasn’t about her being, it was more than that. Her heart thumped frantically… there was so much at stake that she couldn’t help but be nervous. If something went wrong then the chances of Zeptoria surviving would be gone forever. Her stomach lurched for a moment as worry ran through her mind.

            Before she could doubt any longer, a surge of confidence stirred in her. Without a doubt she had to at least try. Everything was in her hands for a reason and above anything she had to believe in herself. She stood up straighter taking in the possible outcomes and accepting them. This had to be done, no exceptions and no excuses.

            “Um not trying to like ruin your staring competition with the sky or anything but, we’ve been standing here for a while and you just haven’t said anything.”

            “Shut up Jasmine, I was thinking.” Giselle muttered. “Now come on.”

            She grabbed Jasmine by the arm pulling her down the path of the eiffle tower. Jasmine grunted slightly under her breath feeling a tad bit annoyed. She didn’t like being forced to do things and she didn’t appreciate the attitude but it was understood that Giselle only had their destination in mind. It was nothing personal.

            Sighing they walked down the path taking in the very quiet surroundings. There wasn’t a person in sight. This was how things were supposed to be, yet again, it was slightly scary. It reminded the both of them of a bad horror movie.

            The funny thing was, their entire lives seemed to be some type of thriller suspense novella. That’s exactly how the once busy streets of Paris seemed. Quiet, dark, and scary. Deep in their hearts they expected someone to jump out at them from the night. Since they were somewhat trained they would turn to full force attack mode.