Chapter 12 - FIRE vs. SPEED

Chapter 12 – FIRE vs. SPEED

Giselle stood three feet away from Jasmine in the same battle room she was before. The memory of Isaac and Ice lingered in the air. In between them was a huge gap awaiting to be filled with the contact of each others powers.

The feeling of being watched by Professor Cornelius through the walls didn’t overwhelm Giselle at all. This had to be done; if not then Jasmine would have never shut up. The anger stirred in Giselle like a torch lit on fire, the ends of her red hair feeling slightly warm against her skin. Her finger tips had the burning sensation meaning they were ready to ignite.

Giselle felt the air around her thicken as Jasmine’s eyes went into an almost white filled daze. She took a step back to ready herself when she noticed Jasmine’s presence blurring and then, she was gone. The air around Giselle was circling, in a clear tornado like form. Jasmine’s blurry body was barely insight except for the wind created by her speed slowly capturing her dark hair.

Wasting time seemed out of the question. Giselle felt Jasmine’s speed closing in on her as the tornado circled. A sharp pain went into her shoulder causing Giselle to almost knock over. Anger flared through her and then her entire body ignited.

She forced the fire out of her and slowly it was igniting the metal room around them. The air around circling was no longer thick but becoming a small amount of smoke. The walls were now a bright orange red color with small amounts of fire leaking onto the floor. Jasmine stopped in her tracks panting and coughing, she stumbled back while staring at Giselle in horror.

Giselle let the floor ignite slowly as Jasmine moved towards a corner trapped. The room was now a bright orange, looking like the inside of a fire pit, flames rising stronger and stronger.

In seconds Jasmine would be burnt to a crisp, her sapphire eyes stared at Giselle pleading for her to stop. Giselle grinned to herself allowing a slight smirk and an eye brow to quirk up onto her face.

“Daddy, make her stop!” Jasmine yelled.

“That is enough, Giselle.” Professor Cornelius said through the walls.

Giselle laughed out loud and then let her arms fall at her side. Slowly the fire was dying out, the metallic room calming the element causing it to vanish as Giselle seized fire. She stood there allowing her hair to fall back around her face instead of in its usual windy flames. Her body cooled off and the entire room was back to normal.

A door appeared at the end of the room. It opened slowly and Professor Cornelius walked in looking amused. Giselle watched him as he stopped in the middle of the room, deep in his eyes she could see his disappointment.

“Well done, Giselle.” He spoke. “I see you have learned your advantage’s in battle.”

Giselle nodded. “I suppose so.”

Jasmine stood there staring at the floor looking like she was ready to cry.

“You have disappointed me Jasmine.” His words sounded like they were stabbing through her chest. “I expected you to think before you act, but I guess I was wrong about your talents.”

“I made a mistake father, It won’t happen again.” Jasmine replied in a pleading tone.

He gave her a slight smile. “Don’t be so overly confident in yourself Jasmine, it makes you seem too eager, and you have a lot of room for improvement.”

Giselle wanted to laugh at that but knew that would be over doing it. Instead she felt herself feeling the need to leave.

“It’s been fun, but I’m starved.” Giselle said.