Chapter 11 - Heating up arguments

Please VOTE, COMMENT AND MESSAGE! I would love some feedback from the fans and stuff. if you've been reading than become a fan and add The School For The Gifted to your library :) thanks! btw i want a new cover but dnt know what to do, any suggestions?

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter 11 – Heating up arguments

“You know Ms. –” Giselle started.

“Giselle, I believe I told you to call me by my first name.”

“Um, Ms. – Err, Uh Dianne, right?”

“Yes.” The perfecting elements teacher said while nodding. “What is it?”

Giselle sat at her desk playing with a paper she was slowly burning to a crisp. All the desks lay around the room facing front. Students were chatting amongst themselves. She put the paper down and looked up at her teacher who was standing in front of the desk she had in the front row.

“I know how to light things on fire by touch, yeah great.” Giselle said. “I know how to light a room on fire, pretty cool but what about, making it hotter.”

Dianne grinned. “Ah well, that is possible.”

“How do I do it?”

“That isn’t something you learn until your second year at the academy.”

“That isn’t fair.” Giselle muttered. “I want to be able to be as hot as a star or-”

“Making your element different temperatures can be dangerous.” Dianne replied. “It isn’t something you should do without age and self control.”

“I’m not young and stupid, ugh, why do people keep going around saying that I’m inexperienced like it’s so-”

“True.” Dianne finished for her. “It’s only your first year here and being experienced comes with consequences, opportunities and knowledge.”

Giselle’s eyes lit up. “What kind of consequences?”

“Lots” Dianne muttered. “But the bell is going to ring in a matter of time so,”

As the word time escaped her lips a sharp and loud sound came through the walls. Giselle let out a sigh while packing up her bag. She paused and looked up at Dianne who was watching the students leave.

“What do you do?” Giselle asked her “Your element.”

Dianne stared at her as the last person escaped from class heading to the next “Extra sensory perception.”

“Huh.”

“I can tell the future.” She said “Except nothing in the near future.”

“How close can you get?”

“Six months.” Dianne replied.

“So, what happens to me in-”

“Nice try, Ms. Riley.” Dianne said. “Get to class.”

Giselle groaned and walked out the door while shutting it behind her. She felt her pace speed up as she headed for the battle and training building. If she showed up in than the next two minute’s than she wouldn’t be late.

Lateness never seemed like something she wanted to do at the academy but she felt herself slowing her pace when she noticed Jasmine standing not to far from her with sapphire eyes glued to the skin against her body. Giselle stopped in her tracks ready to turn around and walk around the building, just to get in through the side entrance.

Of coarse Jasmine was too quick for that. Giselle found air circling her and then there she stood, arms crossed with a scowl on her face. “Not so fast, I heard you rush out this morning.”

Giselle shrugged. “So?”

“Where were you last night?”

“None of your business.” Giselle spat out. “And I thought you were giving me the silent treatment.”

“Well obviously not anymore!” Jasmine yelled. “Gosh, why are you so weird?”

“What the hell that’s supposed to mean?”

“I mean all you do is mope around this school while I try to be generous enough to be friends with you and just look at you, sloppily going to class with no friends in sight.”

“Well screw you your highness, gosh why do you act like such a dumb blonde?” Giselle asked in a mocking tone. “Maybe if you would stop feening for my friendship then I would think about talking to you, no actually not even then, you’re practically my stalker!”

Jasmine’s anger flared. “And you’re a self centered, selfish bitch!”

Giselle stepped forward her hands tingling with fire burning in her. Jasmine’s eyes glared at her as wind pushed through her hair.

“What was that?”

“I think you heard me, burn out.” Jasmine muttered.

“You fast breezy whore!” Giselle yelled.

“Ladies, what is the matter of this?” A familiar voice called. Giselle turned to notice the professor approaching them. A concerned and frustrated look came across his face. Though deep in his eyes Giselle saw light amusement.

Giselle’s anger would not back down. “Your daughter was just arguing with me about how-”

“We weren’t arguing.” Jasmine said looking embarrassed. “Just talking”

“Didn’t look like simple chatter from my point of view.” Professor Cornelius said. “What is the problem?”

“Just a disagreement daddy, nothing else”

“Well why yell at each other about a disagreement that can be handled and settled.” He replied.

“Nothing can be settled with Bicker queen over here.” Giselle replied.

Jasmine shot her a hateful glance.

“Well then,” Professor Cornelius paused. “Only one way to end something so childish, and that is through battle.”

A faint amused grin passed his face as Jasmine shot him a confused glance. She nodded slowly to agree almost cockily before glancing at Giselle to say “If you’re up for a challenge.”

Giselle replied with a nod. “Let’s heat this up then.”