Chapter 48 - Gold Cards and The Reveal

SOMETHING YOU NEVER EXPECTED 

NEXT UPDATE: REMAINS ANONYMOUS! 

VOTE, COMMENT and ENJOY! 

_________________________________________________________________

Chapter 48 – Gold Cards and The Reveal

          Isaac and Giselle spent the entire day together. First they had lunch at one of the five star restaurants in town, and then they sat at the fountain from afternoon until night watching the Zeptorians pass them by, talking about everything that came to mind. It was romantic yet peaceful and slightly ordinary. Still, Giselle loved every moment.

            It was now after six when Giselle walked into her room and slipped off her shoes. Isaac said he’d go freshen up and leave her to do whatever she wanted around the castle. He mentioned an indoor pool and an arcade somewhere on the lower level but all she really wanted to do was stay in her room and take a long well deserved nap.

            Before Giselle could throw herself in bed she heard a knock on the door. Of course anyone who knew her well would know shed be annoyed at this very moment, feeling tired and wanting to be alone. She walked over to the door and opened it with a scowl, one hand on her hips.

            But as soon as she saw who it was a warm smile came across her face, her eyes going slightly watery.

            Jasmine jumped into the room and pulled her into a tight hug, her eyes had already leaked tears of joy from seeing her now close friend. The hug lasted several moments as the both of them jumped up and down excited of each other’s presence.

            “Jas, I missed you so much!”

            “Are you kidding? I missed you too, you’re like my best friend.”

            Giselle grinned shutting the door. “What’s up? Who’s here?”

            “Well, winter break was pushed up so everyone is pretty much at their families’ homes but I had to come see you, I knew you’d be here.”

            “Such a smart one.”

            “I know right?”

            Giselle giggled. “What have I missed?”

            “Well, most importantly… Nathan and I are official!!!”

            “NO WAY!!!”

            “Yes, way. I can’t believe it either.” Jasmine shrugged. “It was only a matter of time.”

            “So true but how’d that happen?”

            “The whole campus attack pushed him on edge.”

            “And, he realized he didn’t want to lose you?”