Chapter 40 - Damien Efra

A/N: Took forever for me to update, I know :) but better late then never right? I went to a Chris Brown concert thursday and it was AWESOME. I love him (: His music is great. But anyway, its been a long crazy eventful weekend which is why I haven't updated. But, the day has finally arrived. Sucks that they arent as frequent as before but I'm trying to put time in the seperation of each chapter so people can catch up. OHHH AND I'VE OFFICIALLY JOINED THE WATTY AWARDS SO VOTING IS REALLY IMPORTANT YOU GUYS! WISH ME LUCK! Anyway, enough with the BLABBING and on with the chapter lmao. Next update 7/23/2011 or 7/24/2011. VOTE, COMMENT AND ENJOY!? 

__________________________________________________________

Chapter 40 – Damien Efra

            Things around campus were indeed hectic. Zoey was keeping her distance as much as possible. Both Jasmine and Giselle tried to visit her dorm room to see how she was doing and she shouted for them to go away. It was completely sad and Giselle felt horrible, as if she was the one responsible for all this.

            Jasmine and Giselle spoke lightly about what was going on around campus. Obviously they had some type of information. However the information they had was practically useless and mostly common sense and logic once you put the facts together. Who could they possibly run to? It was clear Giselle wanted to keep this to herself and figure it out on her own. For one, she promised Viero and two, it wasn’t anyone’s business but her own. She wanted to do this her way, not anybody else’s. Yes it was an incredible weight on her shoulders but she didn’t mind for the simple fact that this meant she was playing an important role and maybe even acting more like her parents then she had been since she arrived to the academy. She’d tell no one about what she knew even if that meant risking her own life in the process. She was that stubborn, more stubborn then the way Zoey was acting.

            Still Giselle had to understand. Right now she was facing a serious depression that included wondering where her brother could possibly be. All she could do was keep her distance. If Zoey wanted that then that would have to do.

            The day before had been a drag for the simple fact that the entire campus was on full lock down. There were guards at every building entrance taking note of who came in and out, not to mention that curfew was changed to eight p.m. sharp including lights out at nine p.m. Guards actually checked each bedroom right before bed to make sure everything was in order. Let’s just say the professor wasn’t taking this too lightly.

            It amazed Giselle how all it took for the campus to go on full lock down was for one gifted student to be missing. But if a vampire went missing it wasn’t much of a big deal. Now she understood what Viero had meant. It wasn’t fair but it was very true.

            Giselle couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if she went missing. Would the professor triple the amount of guards on campus? Maybe have an even worse lock down? She wasn’t so sure but it had been apparent that each guard watched her closely, possibly closer than the others.

            Giselle was getting ready for her History of the Elements class after lunch when a knocking interrupted her thoughts. She glided over and opened it revealing a tall woman with dark hair and dark eyes. It was a guard. Her name? She didn’t know.

            “Can I help you?” Giselle questioned.

            “Just doing my usual procedures.” The woman said eyes darting around the room. “You’re pretty important to the academy, the professor made sure to have at least 3 guards on this floor not including me.”