Chapter 55 - Cromin

The Grand Finale

Vote, Comment and ENJOY! 

Check out 'The School for the Gifted' facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/TheSchoolForTheGifted#

_______________________________________________________________

Chapter 55 – Cromin

The elevator lurched forward as if it was moving through time. Giselle fell back as her friends held onto the walls around them. It mimicked a regular elevator. There was classical music playing and golden walls that glowed for no apparent reason. The only difference was that it felt as if they were fighting for their lives.

The elevator moved slightly faster before it began to fall deeper and deeper into the ground, Suddenly, Giselle and her friends felt as if they were falling from the highest building in the world. Giselle’s stomach turned as she held on for dear life. The speed of the elevator was unbearable.

She could feel the air causing her hair to rise above her head as the elevator continued to fall. It had come to her attention that not only had she been through many near death experiences, but she was about to experience one of the most important ones of them all.

            Giselle gulped trying to catch onto her breath. This was a struggle due to the fact that the elevator was moving rather too quickly.

            The thought of how important this journey would soon become hastily came to the front of Giselle’s mind. She was about to experience something she never experienced before and she still wasn’t sure what it was.

            All she knew was that lives would be at stake.

            Many.

            Ever so suddenly, the elevator came to a halt. It stopped abruptly as if it landed. Giselle tried to maintain her balance, as her friends did as well. However none of them succeeded. As soon as the elevator seemed to land was as soon as they fell on top of each other.

            Giselle grunted as she slipped and fell on top of Jonah. One by one they all fell to the ground like dominoes which was terribly uncomfortable. It was odd to Giselle, having all her friends on top of each other.

            It was also odd to be laying on top of Jonah’s stomach.

            The elevator let out a sharp ding. It was funny to Giselle, at the moment she felt awkward was the exact moment that the elevator made out its ding causing it to open. It opened slowly, as if warning them what was soon to come.

            And what was soon to come was not pretty.

            The elevator doors opened to complete darkness.

            Giselle’s heart skipped a beat. Her nightmares appeared to be coming to life. Before her was a pitch black island. She stepped off the elevator to find herself standing on a grey depressing piece of concrete. Her friends were behind her, scared for their lives.