Chapter 6 - Professor Cornelius and the truth

Chapter 6 – Professor Cornelius and the truth

“Mom?" Giselle whispered. "Is that you?"

The distant daze in front of Giselle made her not so sure. The woman, standing 4 feet away from her looked just like her mother. Her Dark brown hair that came up into its usual bun, her dark brown eyes and tan skin.

Giselle looked down at herself, realizing that she looked nothing like her mother, maybe she got her father's genetics.

"Mom?" Giselle called again. "Mom!"

But the woman in the distance was slowly disappearing. Giselle began to chase after her but then she was gone causing Giselle to burst into tears and hit the floor as the darkness consumed her.

"Wake up!" A distant voice said into Giselle's ear.

Giselle opened her eyes quickly panting and then relaxed realizing it was all just a dream.

Giselle's green eyes went wide as she studied her surroundings. Again, she was in the nurse’s office. She was forced to be here thanks to her powers dying out. Resting and staying out of class for a couple days would help her recharge.

But what really surprised her was Professor Cornelius standing across the room grinning. So that was the voice she heard.

"Sleep tight Ms. Riley?" He asked her sarcastically.

Giselle wiped the dripping sweat from her forehead.

"Oh yeah, just peachy." She said.

He laughed. "Good, I hope you've been resting these past couple days because you go back to class tomorrow."

"My powers are already back." She muttered and then snapped her fingers to show him a quick flame, her finger demonstrating the same thing a lighter would.

"Great, but I would like you in perfect shape when you go back." He replied.

“Wouldn’t want to take any chances”

She shrugged. Gosh, I've already been here two days. She thought. I can’t wait to get out of here.

"Giselle, There are a couple things you should know." Professor Cornelius said in a dark tone.

Instantly Giselle looked up from the finger nails she happened to be playing with. "Like what?"

"Take a walk with me." He muttered. "It's about time, you know the truth."

Giselle got up from the nurses bed and put on her brown jacket that hung behind the door. She followed Professor Cornelius outside onto the grass. A gardener was planting flowers on the grass beside the path to different buildings.

Professor Cornelius sniffed the air and then let out a satisfied sigh. "The smell of planted flowers is quite remarkable, don't you agree?"

“Yeah, totally awesome." Giselle replied.

Professor glanced at her with a look of confusion. "This totally awesome you speak of, what is that, Tot-all-y aw-some" He played with the phrase on his lips a few more times.

Giselle giggled. "It means its good, like nice."

"Ah." Professor Cornelius replied. "Excuse me. I don't really keep up with the new lingo these days."

Giselle shrugged. "It's cool."

"I see you're warming up to me Ms. Riley, How do you like Gifted Academy?" He asked her.