Chapter 8

After confirming that his mom won't make fun of him in front of Luke, he went to his room and Luke was looking through the bookshelf seeing what books Damian had.

"Luke, my mom wants to meet you. Can you come with me for a few minutes?"

"Didn't you say it was a lie and your mom didn't ask you about me?" Luke was confused.

"Well, it was a lie and my mom was not supposed to come home until evening, but she came early and wanted to meet you." If Damian knew his mom would be there, he would have taken Luke somewhere else.

Luke agreed reluctantly he knows Damian's mom was a nice person, but he still was nervous. So, they both went to the hall where Jessica sat on the sofa waiting for them.

Seeing Damian was coming and a person following closely behind him, Jessica was excited, but as they neared, she felt the figure looked familiar and when they finally stood in front of her she saw his face clearly.

"Mom, meet Luke. He is Kevin's brother. Luke, this is my mom." Damian introduced them to each other.

Luke said hello and Jessica greeted him back and told them to sit. Of course, she knew Luke. She met him a couple of times when she went to his house. Sara and she are close friends and she meets her often, so it was natural that she visited her house a couple of times.

She saw Luke, but he didn't interact with her much and Sara always told her how much she was worried about him not finding a mate.

But she didn't think Damian would bring Luke. in fact she didn't even know they were friends before. Did she see it wrong? Maybe they were just friends. How can Damian like someone like Luke who is totally the opposite of Damian?

She didn't hate Luke. on contrary, she would want her son to be with someone who is opposite of himself and can be more reasonable, but Damian never liked people who are weaker so she thought Luke was just a friend of Damian.

But soon she realized how wrong she was. Throughout the time she was talking to Luke, Damian would slide closer and closer to him. After a while, they both were side by side and Damian slowly slid his hand behind Luke.

Seeing this, Jessica was trying to control her laugh her son reminds her of her husband. He too couldn't keep his hands off of her even now. But seeing how Luke was ignorant of her son's actions and paid so much attention to her and chatting with her, she felt she should worry more about Luke than her son.

After some time of chatting, seeing it was almost lunchtime, she told Luke to have lunch with them and ordered servants to serve food.

As expected, Damian sat beside Luke and served him. Seeing this, Jessica raised her eyebrows.

Her son was such a brat not even once he served them food, but now he even became a servant for Luke.

Luke was embarrassed by Damian's actions. Why is this dude serving him? There are maids there?

Luke saw Damian's mom was looking in their direction from the corner of his eyes and was even more embarrassed. His son is serving someone at his own house. How can she tolerate it? She must be furious.

But Jessica was happier. How could she not, her son who was such an arrogant brat but now doing things he would never do otherwise? Of course, she hopes Damian can marry Luke as soon as possible. Imagining her son doing house chores, she tried not to laugh.

Poor Damian didn't know his mother's malice, was being happy that he can serve Luke. He didn't feel it was wrong to do it. Instead, he was glad. He will make Luke depend on him for everything, so Luke can never leave him and only be with him.

After Lunch Damian excused himself and took Luke to his room. They played games and Damian said he already booked tickets for a horror movie for them.

If not for Luke knowing about how homophobic Damian was and how Damian liked Sam because of mate bond, He would think Damian likes him, even though it sounds absurd it felt like it.

But he hopes he is wrong. He doesn't want to be in a relationship with anyone for now. Luke is bisexual. He already told his mom in the real world, and she was okay with it, but he remained single.

Maybe it was because of how his father left him and his mother. He didn't believe in relationships and thought he should work harder to make money to live comfortably, so he dated no one.

If Damian likes him, his mission of destroying the original trajectory of the story may be successful, but he didn't want to do that by playing with someone's feelings. Then will there be any difference between him and his father, who left his mom and made her life miserable?

In the evening Damian took Luke to the theater. He specifically chose this movie because his friends told him how scary this one was.

Whenever he took any girl, he was dating to a horror movie she immediately would hug him when there was a scary scene and he would hug her and console her, though the girls he dated were all just did that on purpose to sleep with him he still hopes Luke can hug him.

But to Damian's expectation, not only Luke was not scared, but he was enjoying himself throughout the movie.

"Why do you look sad? Did you not like the movie?" Luke saw Damian had a dark expression as they exited the hall.

Damian was sad. He did not expect Luke to be this brave. He always thought Luke was weak and easily scared, but he was the only one who was laughing in the audience as the movie went on.

Damian didn't reply to that question but told him he will take him to a restaurant for dinner. Luke was immediately excited after hearing about dinner. He was hungry.

They chatted happily and drove off, but they didn't notice someone was following them from behind.