Chapter 29

Luke was standing in front of Sam and tried to protect him. Damian and Matthew were shocked as to why Luke wanted to protect him.

"What are you doing, Luke?" Matthew tried to control his anger since he didn't want to hurt Luke.

"Please, don't kill him," Luke pleaded with Matthew.

"Why?" Matthew didn't understand what was happening. Why does Luke want to protect Sam's life when Sam did all those horrible things?

Luke looked at Sam's injured body and sighed. "He's already hurt, he can't fight anyway"

"We can arrest him and punish him, but don't kill him."

"For killing his mother he will get punished," Luke was pleading for Sam.

"But, for trying to frame me, I will forgive him, only punish him for murder."

Matthew's pack had dropped sentencing to death a long time ago, and it rarely happens, but since Sam wanted to frame Luke, who would be the future leader alongside Damian, it is considered a crime with the highest degree.

And he can be punished with a death sentence. Luke saying he wants to forgive him means he will be punished for his murder and will be sentenced to prison.

"But why?" This time, it was Damian who said it. Luke only looked at Sam, who was still laying on the ground.

"Why did you make Sam Damian's mate?" Luke asked the moon goddess if she was that kind then why make two people who would never be happy together?

"Sam was not supposed to be Damian's mate," the moon goddess replied,

"He was supposed to be with someone else, but he was my favorite child," the moon goddess said with a bitter smile.

"You both were, that's why you were so close to each other,"

"But one day he prayed to me to make Damian his mate, and I gave him a choice"

"If he wanted Damian to be his mate, he has to give up his powers and also live a life where I will never look after him."

"He agreed, and I made him Damian's mate.", Luke was surprised that Sam was the moon goddess's favorite child. Even more than hearing he was as well.

"Then what happened?" Luke asked curiously.

"You know what happened Luke" the moon goddess smiled at him knowingly.

Luke knew what she meant. He did know what happened, "So those original Luke's memories?"

"It was you, the original Luke was you, my child"

"After you died, I brought you to another world where you can heal" the goddess changed from the divine-looking woman to a human and a familiar human.

"Mom," Luke saw his mom standing in front of him and went to hug her. He now understands why the goddess looked like his mom.

"So, Sam tried to kill me?" Luke said, still in his mother's embrace.

The goddess shook her head, "What happened to you was an accident"

The goddess explained what actually happened that day and why.

Sam's father was also in the dark rogues when he was still hasn't born but not because he was supporting them but as a spy for Matthew. Matthew wanted someone he can trust to be on the dark rogues so they can bring him information.

He wanted it to be in secrecy and not even Luke's father, the beta, knew it. Sam's father Charlie worked very hard to give all the information to Matthew.