Chapter 23

Jessica went to tell Sara what had happened since Matthew didn't want anyone in the room. Sara was relieved that Sam was punished. She hated him, but she only wanted her son to stay away from Sam.

She never wished bad for Sam but now knowing to what extent he can go, she hopes he will be punished.

Kyle wanted to see Luke and Damian, but Jessica stopped him and said to give them some time alone.

Sara was listening to Jessica, who was explaining how Sam yelled and acted like a crazy guy as Kevin came rushing inside.

"What happened? Where is Luke?" Kevin asked anxiously. Sara explained to him quickly that everything was resolved and tried to calm him down.

Kevin was out of town and his mom called him to tell him about Sam's mother and how Sam was accusing Luke of killing her. He rushed from there to get here as soon as he could.

Damian and Luke finally came out of the room, and Kevin went to comfort him.

"Don't worry Luke, we will make sure Sam gets punished and will never disturb you again."

Luke just nodded his head. He really hopes Sam will not disturb them again or else it will only become much worse.

After a very tiring day, Luke went to his home with Sara and Kevin. Damian didn't pester him to stay since he knew Luke was really tired and needed some rest.

The next day Matthew was preparing arrangements so that Sam will face the elders. Even though he is the alpha of the pack and the final decision on Sam would be his.

Since the involved party made a false accusation against Luke, his future son-in-law, if he punishes harshly it would more likely be reflected as showing partiality.

He wanted Sam to get a harsher punishment and also make sure no one will protest against it so he involved the elders of the pack so no one will judge the punishment.

He heard a knock on his door and knew who it was without seeing them.

"If you came here, to tell me to punish him myself and have him killed, then I can't do that."

"No, that's not why I came here." Damian knows his dad would have thought it through if he made the decision .so he can't question it even if he wanted to.

"I wanted to tell you about something important."

Matthew raised his eyebrow indicating him to continue on

"I want to marry Luke once we both turn 18." Damian wanted to marry Luke as soon as possible, but he thought he wanted to give Luke his time and didn't want to rush in.

But he still feels like Luke will disappear from him if he doesn't tie him beside himself. 

Matthew just shook his head at his son's crazy words. "What's the rush?"

Seeing Damian didn't reply, he could only say, "As long as Luke is okay with it, then I am okay."

Damian was immediately happy and rushed and hugged his dad. He knows his dad is very strict, so he thought he won't agree as long as his dad was okay. It's going to be fine. He knows Luke will agree to him.

Luke woke up the next morning and was finishing his breakfast. Sara made him his favorite dishes and also told him he can't go to school until Sam was punished.

"Who knows where the maniac is right now? Once he is punished goes far away only then do I feel relieved to send you to school."

Kevin wanted to stay as well, but Sara just threw a wooden ladle at him. "Luke will make up his study you dumbass, you won't even study at school, Why would you stay at home?"

And just like that Kevin went to school murmuring how his mom hates him.

Damian too didn't go to school but went with Matthew to prepare to talk to elders about how they should punish Sam.

Sam was thrown into a cellar and heavily guarded. Matthew did not want to take any risk.

Matthew and Damian reached the holy moon goddess temple. The elders are 5 members who are also assisting the Alpha when he can't make a decision.

They stay at the temple and won't involve unless necessary, so Matthew wanted to convince them to punish Sam instead of himself.

The elders listened to what Matthew had to say and agreed to choose the punishment for Sam. Even though according to the law he murdered an innocent victim and also falsely accused someone, which is enough to punish him severely.

The elders still wanted to hear his plea before making a decision and told Matthew to summon him to the temple.

Matthew obliged and informed his guards to bring him to the temple as Damian stood by his side patiently.

"Damian, my child, " one of the elders called him. Damian went there as the Elders looked at him intriguingly.

"You seem to be in a great turmoil," the same elder spoke again.

Damian didn't know what to say it is true that he was in thinking about Luke and the familiar feeling he felt about how he knew Luke for a long time.

"Luke was always been your mate, even though you may have not known it before. You and Luke will be very happy, so don't worry too much," listening to the elder Damian's heart seemed to have finally relaxed.

"Damian" Matthew shouted as he ran to him.

"Sam escaped."