Chapter 25

Matthew came back home with still no whereabouts of Sam. But he is sure he will know who they were very soon.

"Dad" Matthew saw Damian running from upstairs

"Do you know who a pack named dark rogues are?" Damian came to the house to see if Luke is safe, but as soon as he reached the house Luke was unconscious.

He was worried sick and didn't know what happened. Even the doctor who came to check on him didn't find anything odd and told them to let him rest.

When Luke woke up, he said he probably knew who the wolves that saved Sam were. He didn't say how he knew them but just told him to check on a group named Dark rogues.

Even though he didn't know what was happening, Damian still didn't question him and came to ask his father if he knew anything about them since he had never heard about them.

"How did you know that name?", Matthew seemed anxious about how his son could probably have heard of that name since it's been long forgotten by people.

"Luke said they probably have something to do with Sam", Damian had never seen his dad look tense about something before. No matter how tough a situation is, his dad always had a cold face and never let his emotions slip as a leader.

But now Damian saw how his father not only looked tensed but also slightly scared.

Matthew not only knew who that group was but also he was one of the reasons why that group vanished for a long time.

Back in the day the wolves were with their packs as a group and would settle in a land where they would live their lives but if the pack is attacked by another pack then the one that won the war can get the pack of the lost one in the battle.

It happened a lot back then, but Matthew's pack has always been strong since his grandfathers started it and they never went into wars with others on their own unless to defend themselves.

But one pack that was strongest of them all was dark rogues. The wolves are always in a pack. Those are their families and friends for life, but those wolves who are not in a pack and roam on their own were called rogues.

The rogue wolves can be anyone from a criminal who was kicked out of a pack as a punishment to an innocent one who wanted to escape an abusive pack.

Irrespective of why they became rogue wolves, they were always subjected to bias and not easily joined to other packs.

The Dark rogue's pack was formed with a bunch of criminals who wanted to take revenge on their packs who outcasted them and they all formed a group and attacked other's packs and occupied them.

They were ruthless and never followed war rules and win by unethical means. The other packs were scared thinking they might be the next target and went to Matthew when he became the new alpha of their pack.

Since Matthew's pack was not only strong but also never attack anyone for their own means, other packs trusted them and always viewed them in a friendly manner.

Matthew, after discussing with the other packs, joined hands with them and lead them to attack the dark rogue pack. At the time, the Alpha and leader of that pack was named Freddy.

Freddy committed multiple crimes and was sentenced to death but escaped from his pack and formed the Dark rogues. Matthew and Freddy fought a lot until Matthew finally killed Freddy.

After this time, other packs thought it was better to live in peace than to fight with others and try to occupy their land. Matthew and the other pack leader signed a treaty to never attack each other and lived in peace.

It's been almost 2 decades since and all lived peacefully as the other members of the Dark rogues were either arrested and sentenced to death or escaped during the war.

But one thing was sure, they never heard of them again, and they slowly faded as time went on. So hearing that name after a long time surprised Matthew.

Matthew called his men and ordered them to find out if there was any information regarding Dark rogues.

Even though he doesn't think it could be them Matthew didn't want to take any more risks if what Luke said was true and the Dark rogues were involved in it, then it is no longer about just the safety of Luke but also theirs and many other packs.

Luke was still taking rest in Damian's room and Damian told everyone not to disturb him. Luke was trying to process what has happened in his dreams.

when he blacked out unconscious, he was in a floating space where everything is dark and lifeless. He tried to shout for help, but there was no sound coming from his throat.

Then, a blue light that almost blinded him appeared in front and once he can see clearly, he saw a beautiful woman covered in a white robe with ocean-like eyes staring at him.

Suddenly his voice seemed to return as he asked who she was. The woman smiled gently and replied,

"I am the moon goddess, my child.", The motherly tone reminded him of his mother from his world, and his heart that was racing because of the uncertainty of where he was suddenly calmed down.

"Moon goddess?" Damian told him how important the moon goddess is to them and how she is the one who will decide who their other mate will be.

He remembered how Damian never believed in her until recently, and when Luke asked why

"Because now I know she is real since she chose you to be my mate"

Luke wanted to tell him that he still didn't know if he is his mate but still hold back since he didn't want to hurt Damian.

Now looking at the moon goddess in front of him, he couldn't hold back anymore and wanted to ask so many questions.

"I know, my dear Luke, you want to ask many questions and I will answer all of them."