Chapter 24

Damian was shocked. "What do you mean?"

Matthew was also shocked the same way, He received a call from his men and thought they are bringing Sam but the person informed him how they were on their way to bring him to the temple.

And suddenly a group of wolves attacked them, they were shocked but tried their best to defend themselves but they still lost.

They took Sam along with them. Matthew didn't know what to think of this, as he never really had experienced an attack on their pack from others for a long time.

Usually, there used to be a lot of attacks from individual packs to conquer and attack other packs to expand theirs.

But after a long time of discussions, all of them accepted it is best of their interest to live in peace. And they formed an agreement to not attack each other.

There was no violation of it for a long time. Who could attack them now? And even if they did attack, why did they take Sam away?

Did they know Sam? Or Sam was the one who planned it all?

So many questions so he told the group that was responsible for bringing Sam to the temple and got attacked to come to the temple to question them.

Damian immediately called Sara and told her to take Luke and go to their house since it is secure place and they will be safe there.

Sara was confused and asked why, and Damian explained to her Sam had escaped. And Sara did not ask him anymore and immediately took Luke and drove to Damian's home.

Seeing his mom rushing to go to Damian's home, Luke was confused. "Why do we need to go there in a hurry?"

"Sam escaped" Sara was anxious if that crazy guy comes after her son. So she speeds up the car.

"Dammit, I should not have sent Kevin to school today."

The subordinates came after a while covered in bandages. Matthew ordered them to treat their wounds and come but he was still shocked and how badly they were injured.

His pack members were trained and were very efficient and strong. Despite not having any wars with each other, all the surrounding pack conducted fighting games to test their strength, and their pack was the one that always won.

So, to see them in this horrible condition really made Matthew tense. Damian did not wait for his father and started enquiring them about who the enemy was and why they took Sam.

The leader of the group James explained that they were halfway to reaching the temple when a group of rouge wolfs surrounded them. At first, James tried to talk to them and warn them they are in their territory and should leave.

But the wolves surrounded them and attacked them, and James and his group tried their best to resist them and stop them.

But the leader of the enemy was a powerful wolf and defeated them in no time. James has never seen that wolf before and knows it is not from their neighboring packs.

"They might be a rogue pack" James ended his story, but Damian was still not sure why a rogue would go as for as to attack for Sam.

"We don't know that, but when Sam saw them. He seemed to be not shocked and didn't resist them when they took him with them."

James felt maybe Sam definitely knows them. But it still doesn't make any sense as to who they were.

Damian ordered the heavily injured soldiers to rest and James to investigate who might be that wolf.

James was the only one who was not injured that heavily and saluted Damian and went off. Matthew also called his neighbor packs to enquire about this rogue pack who attacked them and inform them if they have seen Sam.

Damian told his father that he will check on Luke and come back. Since Sam has escaped and it seems like he knew who the rogue pack was, there is a higher chance that he will come back and try to attack them.

Luke was at Damian's home, and chatting with Kyle, while Sara was talking to Jessica.

"I don't know what this kid wants from my Luke," Sara complained.

"First, he took advantage of my son and used him as a cash machine and then killed his own mother"

"And now he escaped with some rogue wolfs and roaming around god knows where"

Jessica nodded as she listened to Sara. She was informed by her husband how some wolfs saved Sam and took him away and from the looks of it, Sam knew who they were.

She told Sara about it and it shocked both of them that Sam was capable of such things. Looking at Luke who was sitting with Kyle, she shook her head.

Thank god, Damian chose Luke and they both love each other a lot, or else who knows what that crazy Sam would have done if he ended up with Damian?

Kyle explained what happened, to Luke and also told Damian was coming to check up on him.

"I know he was your friend. Did you know if he knew anyone from outside of our pack?", Kyle asked, hoping maybe Luke would have known or heard about these wolves from Sam.

"No, he never told me anything about it", Luke can see from the memories that Sam never told Luke about anyone like that. And even told how Luke was the only friend he had.

Luke, too, wanted to know who this mysterious wolf and its members were. Why would they save Sam? Luke's head started buzzing like he was having a huge headache.

Kyle saw Luke seems to be uncomfortable and asked him if he was okay.

"Nothing, it's just a headache" Luke wanted to say more but his head suddenly felt like being squeezed by someone the same way he felt when he entered this world for the first time and everything went blank.

Luke heard some whispers and tried to open his eyes slowly and saw Damian sitting beside him on the bed. He was in Damian's room, and Damian looked concerned.

"Don't get up" Damian saw Luke trying to get up and stopped him.

"You need rest." Luke didn't try to resist and obeyed him. Damian asked him what happened and Luke just shook his head.

"I was talking to Kyle about the rogue wolf and --- "Luke stopped in mid-sentence and his eyes opened wide.

Damian asked what happened and Luke looked at him. "I think I know that wolf."