Chapter 20

Luke has been down for a while lately. He has been thinking of his real world. He has been here for a while and doesn't know how time works between the novel world and the real.

What if they had already buried him? Thinking he was dead or is in a coma since he is here?

How is his mother? How can he get back? Can he even get back?. All these questions were popping into his head one by one. He doesn't even know who he can talk to about this.

Suddenly, a knock came on his door.

"Come in", Kevin opened the door and saw his brother looking very moody. He knew his brother has been rather moody than usual and he wanted to cheer him up.

"You know we haven't really been talking that much lately.", Kevin said in a sad voice. He and his brother were rather close, even though they fight all the time.

Luke used to complain to him about how Damian was bullying Sam and that he should stop hanging out with that jerk.

Kevin would just laugh it off, but now he seriously regrets why he didn't do that in the first place.

Luke heard what Kevin just said and immediately felt some pain in his heart and, without even knowing his eyes started tearing up.

"Why are crying? I didn't do anything, mom will kill me if she saw you are crying.", Kevin immediately grabbed some tissues and gave Luke.

Luke took them and wiped his tears. He doesn't know why he suddenly cried like that. For a second, he felt like he was the original owner. He looked at Kevin's worried face and hugged him.

He felt so guilty about facing the original Luke's family. After all, he was not him and he was, after all, some stranger who occupied his body. He doesn't even know what happened to the real Luke.

He was worried about that so much that he neglected everyone. Even though he tried to act normal outside, he still has been so worried.

He knows from the original Luke's memories that his brother and "Luke" were very close and "Luke" loves his brother so much. He thought if he can protect "Luke's" family maybe he can make "Luke" happy and he too can return to his world.

But how "Luke" will be happy when his brother is sad and for some reason, he too feels like he knows Kevin for a long time.

"Can we go out to eat ice cream?" Luke asked in a muffled voice. Kevin saw his little brother stop crying and felt relief.

"So you were crying because you wanted to eat ice cream, you're such a kid." Kevin laughingly teased.

"Who is a kid, you idiot?" Luke angrily yelled back and froze for a second. He would never such say a thing but it came out like an instinct. Kevin started laughing even more.

"There is my brother who always yells at me." Kevin felt like they became close again.

Luke just glared at him and smirked evilly. He took a deep breath and yelled.

"Mom, Kevin is bullying me again."

"KEVIN!!!, Don't bully your brother.", his mom's voice came from downstairs.

Kevin seared fuck and went downstairs yelling back.

"Mom, he is lying. I didn't bully him."

Luke laughed as Kevin disappeared through the door. He may not be the "Luke" they think, but he still is in his body and as long as he is here, he will make sure he acts like Luke.

He went downstairs and saw his mom throwing a bowl at Kevin as he dashed off outside. He felt his heart calming down and suddenly felt like he was at home.

"Kevin, you said you will take me out for ice cream, idiot stop." Luke followed him.

Maybe it won't be bad after all.

Authors Note:  

Sorry for keeping this short but I wanted to dedicate a chapter to Luke and Kevin.  And I am so sorry I haven't been posting for a while I was busy and didn't check Wattpad as often and just saw we have crossed 50k views. Yayyyyy!!!!, and I will upload all the chapters one by one by early august. I don't have a schedule planned so expect them anytime.