Chapter 21

Warning: Mention of blood and death.

Sam has not been feeling great lately. Not only Damian now loves Luke, but at the same time, Luke has distanced himself.

He also complained to Damian's dad, but his dad didn't respond to him at all. And Damian is still hanging out with Luke.

Did Damian's dad even see the photos?

If he did, why didn't he do anything?

Does it mean Damian convinced his father about Luke and him being together?

Sam was angry. Why did Luke take away everything that belonged to him? If it's not for Luke, would he be with Damian already?

Sam looked at the photo on his desk. In the picture, Luke and Sam were laughing happily. It was Sam's birthday and Luke took him to an amusement park later Luke prepared a cake so they celebrate.

That was the first time Sam cut a cake. His mom was always busy because of work and he had no friends. He forgot about his birthday as years passed by.

But then Luke came into his life. He remembered how happy he was on his birthday that Luke called to wish him. And then they enjoyed the entire day. That was the first he cried because someone cared about him.

Since then, they became close and as time went by, Sam realized he can use Luke for his own good. Though he treated Luke as his friend, he became greedy, and eventually, he forgot Luke was his friend and started using him as an ATM.

Then he saw Damian and fell in love with him, but Damian hated him. So he tried everything he can to pursue him. But Luke ruined all that.

If it was not been because of Luke, he would have had everything. Staring at the picture made him angrier.

He took a pocket knife and stabbed Luke in the picture. "Why don't you just die?"

Sam started yelling, "If it is not for you, I would have had Damian!"

"I will kill you, Luke "

"I will make sure to take everything from you."

Diana stood outside Sam's room, and her hand covered her mouth. She came home early and saw a sound coming from her son's room.

She came to see what the fuss was about and saw her son stabbing a photo and yelling how he will kill Luke. She knew Sam never liked Luke, but she didn't know to what extent.

Her husband left her long ago, and she had to raise Sam alone. She was frightened since she never had to do all the work before. But Luke's mother helped her, and she gave her a job and even offered to help her with living expenses.

But Diana refused most of her help. She didn't take advantage of others and only asked her to help with her son's school finance.

She thought as long as Sam can finish his education, he will find a stable job and they can live a happy life, but now seeing her son, she didn't know what to do.

She gripped her phone with her palms and silently walked into the kitchen. She has to inform the Alpha about what is happening. Since Sam hasn't done anything yet the Alpha may just kick them out of town.

As she was about to dial the phone, a sharp pain came from her head and blood started dripping. She turned around and saw Sam was holding a baseball bat in his hand.

"Who were you about to call, Mom?", Sam said in a vicious voice.

"Sam, what you are doing is wrong.", Diana's head spun as blood dripped. Sam only laughed and before Diana could say another word, she lost consciousness.

Luke was drinking juice and saw how Damian was not drinking but just staring at himself. He smirked and took Damian's glass as well and started drinking it, but Damian took it midway.

Luke wanted to snatch it back, but Damian finished it before he could. "Why didn't you buy another one?"

"Then it wouldn't be that tasty." Damian gave a flashing smile. Luke had to fight to cover his laugh.

"My brother will kill you if he finds out that I am on a date with you". Luke had to be sneaky before coming to Damian. Lately, his brother has been keeping tabs on him and it has become hard to talk to Damian alone.

Damian just laughed at that comment. If it is not for the fact that he is his future brother-in-law, he would have long beaten him. But he didn't say that out loud. Luke is very defensive of his brother.

Damian took him to a movie. This time it was a romance even though Luke wanted to go a horror.

"Why is this female lead wants to be that jerk even after he put her through hell?" Luke commented as he watched the female lead begging the male lead not to leave her.

"Well, that's love," Damian replied back. Luke grunted, annoyingly.

"It's not love, it's torture and I will leave you if you ever try to control me." Luke was angry. His father from his world always manipulated his mother until she couldn't take it anymore.

But, his mother was strong and left him after realizing what a psycho his father was, so he always hated such things that depicted that it's okay to be with controlling bastards.

Damian didn't say anything, but in his heart, he knew Luke was not joking and he had to make sure he will give Luke his space whenever he wants.

He wants Luke to love him naturally and not force him to love, even though his alpha instinct wants him to possess him. Deep inside he feels like if does that Luke will leave forever and will never come back.

"Well, that was bad," Luke commented after they came out of the theater. Who knew the female lead ended up with that psycho.

"If it was horror, I could have at least laughed at idiots jumping to their own death."

"Well, not everyone can be as brave as you." Damian saw Luke was in a daze and stopped.

"You know I will never force you if you say no"

"Why are talking about it now?" Luke asked curiously.

"I saw how you hated the male lead."

"I feel like you will disappear if I force you on anything and I will never see you."

"So, I promise you in the future, without your consent, I won't do anything." Damian stared at Luke seriously.

Luke looked at Damian's serious face, and suddenly his heart started racing again. Luke whispered in Damian's ear.

"Then will you kiss me" Damian nodded dazzlingly and felt a soft touch on his lips. They kissed for some time until Luke pushed him off to breathe.

"You are a great kisser, you know that." Damian blushed at Luke's comment.

Luke saw Damian blushing and pinched his cheeks. Damian looks so cute when he blushes.

Luke felt his phone vibrate and saw his mom calling. He answered the call as Damian opened the car door for him.

Damian sat in the driver's seat and saw Luke's eyes open wide as he cut the call. Damian was worried and asked what happened.

"Sam's mom died and they are saying I killed her."