Chapter 18

"Stop Damian, Kevin will be coming soon", Luke said blushingly as Damian started kissing him.

"So, what? We are dating now, right?", Damian said, pouting cutely. Though Damian was right, Luke still was reluctant.

In the story, Kevin and Damian were best friends until Luke died. That's when Kevin started to hate Sam and wanted to punish him, but Damian protected Sam, so he heated Damian as well.

If it was not for Luke's dad stopping Kevin from taking revenge in the original story, things would become worse. After all, Damian was not only strong but also the protagonist of the book, so Kevin wouldn't have any chance.

But now, although Damian started liking him over Sam for some reason, Luke still can't understand how the mate bond can be broken. If on Damian's birthday Sam becomes Damian's mate, then things will get complicated.

And Kevin naturally will hate Damian and will try to kill him the same way he did before. His priority is to protect all of the original Luke's family and even one person can't get hurt.

And he also started treating Kevin as his own brother. He can't watch something bad happen to him.

"I know, but I want to keep this secret until some time.", If Damian still chooses to be with him after his 18th birthday, then he will accept him, but if he doesn't, then it's okay as well. He never believed in true love, anyway.

Damian was hurt when he heard Luke wanted to keep their relationship secret since he was planning to tell everyone about it so they know who Luke belongs to and can stay away from him.

But he too knows he can't push things too far right now and has to take things slowly. After all, Luke is a human and he may not experience the same possessiveness that he feels towards him and he doesn't want to scare him away.

He has to make Luke trust him and make him fall in love completely and once he does that, he can propose to him on his birthday and marry him.

For that to happen, he has to agree to whatever Luke says, but once he marks Luke on their wedding day, he will make Luke completely obey him and let him stay by his side every minute.

Thinking like this, Damian nodded, showing he understood and is willing to obey him. 

Luke was moved a little after all in the book Damian was a very stubborn man and wouldn't listen to anyone but himself, but now he even is willing to keep this relationship secret.

He really is different, Luke thought and kissed him on his lips quickly. Damian wanted to pull him again to kiss, but someone patted him on the shoulder from behind.

Without turning back, Damian knew who it was and as always, Kevin was standing behind looking oddly at Luke and Damian's hands, which were tightly interlocked.

"Why are you holdings hand like that?", Kevin asked, suppressing his anger. He didn't know Damian came back this early or else he would have to keep an eye on Luke, so Luke and Damian wouldn't spend alone time.

Luke immediately withdrew his hand from Damian's so as not to make Kevin any more suspicious. Kevin turned to Damian and asked.

"Where have you gone for 2 days?"

"Why? Missed me?", Damian asked bitterly. If not for this idiot coming this time, he would have kissed Luke again. He really likes Luke's soft lips and his smell drives him crazy, but Kevin is really making his life harder.

"Quite the opposite.", Kevin replied. He hoped Damian stayed wherever he went for a few more days so he could take time to explain to his brother what kind of asshole his best friend was and suggest that he should stay away from him.

Seeing both best friends glaring at each other, Luke interrupted them before they would start fighting.

"Shall we go, Kevin, I have a lot of homework I need to finish.", With that, Kevin broke his staring contest with Damian and nodded at Luke.

"Actually, today I came in my car so I will just go by myself.", Damian replied, sounding depressed. 

Damian wanted to go with Luke, but today his father asked him he wanted to discuss an important matter and asked him to come home quickly.

So, even though he wanted to go badly with Luke, he still has to obey his father. Luke nodded understandingly, whereas Kevin seemed happy and urged Damian to leave quickly.

Damian wanted to hug Luke but knew Luke wouldn't want to do something like that in front of Kevin so he swallowed his urge and waved at Luke and didn't bother to say bye to Kevin, who in turn just grunted at him.

Luke just wanted to sigh why these idiots suddenly act like mortal enemies? Luke followed Kevin and went home.

Whereas Damian went home happily after thinking about how Luke said yes and kissed him, he can't help but blush like a middle schooler who got kissed by his crush.

Even though he dated multiple people, he never felt anything closer to what he feels towards Luke and he can't explain it in words.

He wants to share this news with his family and tell them to act like they know nothing so Luke wouldn't get suspicious, and get angry at him for telling them.

When he reached home, his mom asked him to go to his father's office and Damian went and knocked on his dad's door.

"Come in.", Matthew was not doing his work like he always does. but seemed to be waiting for him.

Damian saw a small black box placed on the table just like Luke said last time when he went to talk to his dad.

"Sit Damian, I need to talk to you about Luke."