Chapter 9

Luke was surprised by how the restaurant arranged a private floor for them so they won't have to dine with others and have their privacy.

They even had musicians playing the violin. It was really soothing, and Luke enjoyed the meal with Damian in silence. He doesn't like to talk to people when eating, and Damian seems to be the same.

After the dinner, Damian dropped Luke at his house. Even though he would love to spend more time with Luke, he still knew it would be weird he still hasn't even asked Luke out yet.

"Good night, Damian." Luke really enjoyed his day today, even though it was more like a date than friends hanging out.

He went to his room passed by Kevin who was in the kitchen and rushed out to the living room to ask Luke about something but shut his mouth seeing Luke was tired.

Luke closed the door and fell on his bed. He was tired and drifted to sleep. He didn't know someone who dropped him off was still outside his house and didn't leave until an hour later.

"Luke, are you awake? Open the door." Luke heard a knock on his door followed by a voice and woke from his sleep.

"What is it, Kevin?" Luke opened the door hurriedly as Kevin was knocking nonstop. He knew why Kevin was here for.

"So, what happened yesterday? Why did Damian's mom call you for?" Kevin asked anxiously. He was waiting for Luke all day yesterday, but Luke didn't come until night.

He saw his brother was tired and didn't disturb him, but he couldn't sleep all night and rushed in the morning to ask his brother.

"Oh, about that. It's nothing she wanted me to tutor Kyle since he is also in the same grade as me." Luke didn't want to tell Kevin about Damian's lie. What if that created a rift between them?

He knew Kyle was in the same grade as him but in a different school so he just made up a lie, as long Kevin believes it.

To Luke's relief, Kevin believed him. He didn't know how Kyle's studies are but he was in the same grade as Luke so; it made sense why Damian's mom made such a request.

After all, Luke was brilliant and always had good grades.

But he still suspected Damian, even though Damian's mom would be interested in Luke since she wanted him to teach her younger son.

Why would Damian be showing over-enthusiasm towards Luke? It definitely couldn't be because of Kyle. He couldn't give a shit about his own studies, let alone his brothers.

Whatever it was, Kevin didn't pester Luke anymore and just told him to freshen up and come for breakfast.

Luke went to bathe and got ready to go downstairs for breakfast when he went into the living room and saw Kevin looking with a gloomy face. He went kitchen and knew why Kevin was frowning.

Damian was helping his mom cut vegetables and seems to have told something funny as his mom laughed.

Seeing Luke, Sara beamed and gestured to Damian, who cutting vegetables to look in his direction.

Damian went to hug Luke. "Good morning, Luke." Luke saw his mom was grinning from ear to ear and knew what she was thinking.

"Well, Damian insisted on helping me, he is really nice." Sara praised Damian and Damian seemed to be shy hearing her praise.

"No, I actually wanted to learn how you cook so, I can cook for Luke in the future." Damian's reply shocked Luke.

Seeing Luke's expression, Damian knew he had a tongue slip and wanted to punch himself 'why did he say that? Now, what will Luke think?'

"Well, I didn't know you guys were so close?" Sara raised her brow playfully. She wanted to tease her son a little. She knew Damian has feelings for Luke. if anything she hopes her dumb son can see it.

"Well, I mean my mom always said you cook very well so, I wanted to learn, cooking for Luke was just an excuse." Damian laughingly said.

Sara shook her head at Luke, who seems to believe Damian's lie. Why does her son lack intelligence in relationships?

Damian got back on helping Sara, and Luke wanted to help but Damian refused to let him touch anything in case if hurts himself.

It slightly annoyed Luke. Why does Damian treat him like some delicate glass? he too knows how to cook.

In his original world, he was the one cooks food since his mom was always at work and returns home tired.

He learned a variety of dishes from different cultures, but he was afraid to show them here in case Sara finds it odd.

After all, the original Luke never cooks so, it would be weird suddenly he looked like a chef.

After the breakfast was ready, Luke sat in his usual seat and Damian sat beside him. Since he was staying at Luke's house a lot, Luke got used to it.

But Kevin was glaring at Damian the whole time like he committed a crime. Damian naturally saw Kevin was angry, but he didn't bother to explain it to him.

After breakfast, Kevin dragged Damian to his room and told him they can play games since he was spending a lot of time with Luke and they didn't have time to hang out like before.

Actually, Kevin wants to kick Damian from his house as soon as possible, but he too knew if he did it would only cause a problem. He wanted to ask Damian if he liked Luke, but he shut his mouth at the last moment. He was afraid he will hear an answer that would disappoint him.

Damian wanted to go see Luke, but Kevin won't let him leave. If not for being Luke's older brother, he wanted to punch this guy.

He wants to make a good impression on Luke's family as much as possible. So, when he proposes to Luke, his family wouldn't have any objections.

As for his family, Damian's mom was already thrilled that Luke will be her son-in-law. She asked Damian early before he came to Luke's house if he likes Luke.

Damian was afraid that his mom would find it disgusting that he likes guys, but he still said yes. To his surprise, his mom was dancing happily when left he heard his mom saying something about giving bonuses to her maids.